Player Of The Tournament

Guest spr

Imo, has to be a Greek. Karagounis, Zagorakis, Gourkas, Nikopolidis (with apologies for the spelling) were all immense, but surely it has to go to the lad Dellas? Hardly put a foot wrong, looked solid and skilful at the back and still found time to score a vital semi final winner. :king

Zidane, purely because of his 2 fantastic minutes against England. He was pish the rest of the games, but who cares. :)

Nah, seriously though, I thought Zagorakis was great this tourney, as was Baros.

I would go with him too. Class he's been

He has been quality. He was always calm and sometimes took the piss out of the opposition. Milan Baros also had a good tournament.

Maniche for me! Superb throughout!

But didn't do much last night. I thought Portugal all under-performed against Greece with nary a shot on target. :rolleyes:

Dellas, by miles B)

I think Nedved was brilliant throughout. Thought the Czechs may have won their semi if he didnt go off. Also the greek right back (cant remeber his name) marked some the best players in the world completely out of games

Imo, has to be a Greek. Karagounis, Zagorakis, Gourkas, Nikopolidis (with apologies for the spelling) were all immense, but surely it has to go to the lad Dellas? Hardly put a foot wrong, looked solid and skilful at the back and still found time to score a vital semi final winner. :king

What I've seen of him, Dellas has done very well. However, I cannot overlook the fact that if Collina (for once) had done his job properly he'd have given a penalty against him for pulling down Koller in the area during the semi and thereby almost certainly eliminated the Greeks.

Much though it pains me to agree with the Gretna fan, Nedved for me drove the Czechs on and they were the best side. Without him in the semi they weren't as good.

Maniche for me! Superb throughout!

i would have to go with maniche too.

didn't see enough of the greeks as generally lost interest in their games after about 10 minutes.

Baros would be close too though.

Dellas, just to come from nowhere to put in such a great performance.

Yes AS Roma, a little back water club...no wait they're a fucking massive Serie A club...Are you by any chance an English commentator???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived