Whatever Happened To Mcewans Lager?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else reading this just not drink beer.........or lager.........or ale? I think in my lifetime the accumulative total of 1/2 a pint of the aforenamed drinks have passed my lips.

Cider or Vodka for me.

Does anyone else reading this just not drink beer.........or lager.........or ale? I think in my lifetime the accumulative total of 1/2 a pint of the aforenamed drinks have passed my lips.

Cider or Vodka for me.

Lichtie just breathed a huge sigh of relief, we have a new victim to round upon now.

Guest The Phoenix

First shitting and brushing your teeth at the same time, now this.

TBF it must be confusing for him to work out which hole performs which function.

While I'm a little sad that you don't see McEwan's 80/- (or 60/- & 70/- for that matter) on draught everywhere these days, the truth is that both Caledonian and Stewart's 80/-'s are better than McEwan's ever was. Stewart's is particularly lovely if consumed with good fish and chips in a pub that knows what it's doing.

Do you still get McEwan's 90/- in bottles? Not seen it in ages.

While I'm a little sad that you don't see McEwan's 80/- (or 60/- & 70/- for that matter) on draught everywhere these days, the truth is that both Caledonian and Stewart's 80/-'s are better than McEwan's ever was. Stewart's is particularly lovely if consumed with good fish and chips in a pub that knows what it's doing.

Do you still get McEwan's 90/- in bottles? Not seen it in ages.

Quite a few McEwans pubs in Dundee area actually. Boars Rock and Birkhill inn deffo have them on tap and its a nice pint. Very little of it on tap in Falkirk area though which seems to be a Belhaven Best hotbed. Smooth pint but little body or strength.

Quite a few McEwans pubs in Dundee area actually. Boars Rock and Birkhill inn deffo have them on tap and its a nice pint. Very little of it on tap in Falkirk area though which seems to be a Belhaven Best hotbed. Smooth pint but little body or strength.

I shall keep an eye open in Dundee.

generally a tennents man, if that's not available i'll just take fosters or carling most of the time! Carlsberg's like drinking pish water and heineken has a horrible aftertaste. But i'm prone to a wee pint of best or staropramen every now and again.

Was at the pub quiz last night and had a few pints of harviestoun bitter and twisted, glorious...definitely my new pint of choice when i'm in sportsters!

generally a tennents man, if that's not available i'll just take fosters or carling most of the time! Carlsberg's like drinking pish water and heineken has a horrible aftertaste. But i'm prone to a wee pint of best or staropramen every now and again.

Was at the pub quiz last night and had a few pints of harviestoun bitter and twisted, glorious...definitely my new pint of choice when i'm in sportsters!

Harviestoun Schiehallion is also pretty good.

Never mind McEwan's Lager, what the hell has happened to McEwan's Export? Nothing much else than it when I first stepped into pubs for your non-lager drinker and when I do try it in a pub out of nostalgia, the stuff is absolutely honkin'.

Edited to add; couldn't be arsed looking through the whole thread and someone has made the same point. It's Ok in cans.

You mean a red grenade as McEwans Export was fondly called in canned form. My brother is in the navy and frequently brought back cases of bonded beer. He once brought export strength McEwans export in 330ml coke sized cans. Even better was McEwans Pale Ale in green cans.

Archived