Times Article On Glasgow East

Bloobell

He is not slating the tories here, and how can he slate them for appealing to people that are not traditional voters?

By Christ, is there a shaking your head in bewilderment smiley?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But you've read 'many' of his articles. You're a liar, and a fucking idiot to boot.

I wondered how long it would take for you to descend into personal insults, you have lasted longer than expected.

However, by doing so you have lost this argument, and potrayed yourself as a dick as well.

Well done, you must feel real hard.

I wondered how long it would take for you to descend into personal insults, you have lasted longer than expected.

However, by doing so you have lost this argument, and potrayed yourself as a dick as well.

I bet Nizzy really feels like a dick. :lol::rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, you lost the argument when you stated that you had read many of Gill's articles and then backtracked by saying you'd read 'at least one'. In fact, you lost the argument a long time before that, but that's by the by.

No, you lost the argument when you stated that you had read many of Gill's articles and then backtracked by saying you'd read 'at least one'. In fact, you lost the argument a long time before that, but that's by the by.

Okay when did I lose the argument long before that?

:lol:

Why are you sticking up for this pompous person Nizzy?

Especially when you come from an area that suffers from poverty also.

Okay when did I lose the argument long before that?

When you first started typing. The Gray Ghost and djn have stated that they agree with the view point I've taken. Christ, even wearealldoomed and Lyn-Marie have agreed wuth me to an extent despite having some issues with the article, yet you won't give up.

To put it plainly, you lost the argument when it became apparent that you didn't understand the point Gill is trying to make.

I don't see what there is to defend about Shettleston. Its the arse end of the earth for the most part, whether people like it or not.

It is true these people live in poor conditions for this country, however they are not in poverty in my opinion, the standard of their life is greater than the majority of people on earth.

So that's okay then?

It's okay that (after a decade under Labour) their life expectancy and share of national wealth has lowered?

Can you see the point Gill was making?

I wouldn't say I was 'sticking up' for Gill, mainly pointing out that I think he's accurately described the kind of characyer you're likely to encounter while passing through Shettleston's main drag. And what does the fact I come from an area that suffers from poverty have to do with anything? I've already stated that if someone wrote an article on Cumbernauld that I thought gave a truthful account of what life was like for certain residents then I'd have no problem with it.

If you can't get past the fact that Gill was born in Edinburgh, is middle class and was educated in England then it is you that's the snob.

Complaining that Nizzy made a personal insult, then calling him a "dick" - is there no end to this car crash?

I bet Nizzy is quivvering :unsure:

And what exactly would the Tories improve?

Taking funding away from the NHS or abolishing Unions and closing down the mines?

Yep they really helped the working class.

When you first started typing. The Gray Ghost and djn have stated that they agree with the view point I've taken. Christ, even wearealldoomed and Lyn-Marie have agreed wuth me to an extent despite having some issues with the article, yet you won't give up.

To put it plainly, you lost the argument when it became apparent that you didn't understand the point Gill is trying to make.

Gill is printing an anti Labour article, I am totally aware of that and have said so in the past.

The main line of argument I was pursuing was him saying the people "were not good looking," nothing to do with the political aspects of the article.

I have also shown that that quote does not give an accurate description of the people, as it is not a description, it is an insult.

I don't see how the fact that some people have agreed with you on some aspects of the article makes you more right, if you read the thread you would see I agree with you on some aspects on the article. Instead you have just resorted to personal abuse, like everyone on this forum inevitably does.

So that's okay then?

It's okay that (after a decade under Labour) their life expectancy and share of national wealth has lowered?

Can you see the point Gill was making?

I do not believe it is the fault of labour, I see his point but I don't agree with it.

The main line of argument I was pursuing was him saying the people "were not good looking,"

He hasn't, though. Give up. People are laughing at you.

Complaining that Nizzy made a personal insult, then calling him a "dick" - is there no end to this car crash?

I bet Nizzy is quivvering :unsure:

It what he comes across by insulting a person on an internet forum for no apparent reason.

Nizzy is the one trying to act like a big man with a keyboard.

I wouldn't say I was 'sticking up' for Gill, mainly pointing out that I think he's accurately described the kind of characyer you're likely to encounter while passing through Shettleston's main drag. And what does the fact I come from an area that suffers from poverty have to do with anything? I've already stated that if someone wrote an article on Cumbernauld that I thought gave a truthful account of what life was like for certain residents then I'd have no problem with it.

If you can't get past the fact that Gill was born in Edinburgh, is middle class and was educated in England then it is you that's the snob.

This is what he said

The people do not look good here
He didn't, though. Give up. People are laughing at you.

He actually did.

Archived