Times Article On Glasgow East

Bloobell

Guest The Ghost of Ron Burgundy
I know you're probably jesting but £80k for a 1 bed flat in Whifflet?!?!

How the f'ck did that happen?

the snp of course.

The only person that mentioned welfare benefit was you Ronny boy.

and it was perfectly in context for the discussion.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bollocks.
What in Cyprus?

Are you insane?

No, I'm not saying Cyprus is a horrible place, but most of Nicosia certainly is. Miles worse than Glasgow.

Guest The Ghost of Ron Burgundy
In what respect?

they cannot put toilet paper or sanitary towels straight down the bog.... :lol::lol:

In what respect?

High crime rate, poor housing, poor public transport, poor roads, poor public services, and it is a city inhabited by two warring states.

High crime rate, poor housing, poor public transport, poor roads, poor public services, and it is a city inhabited by two warring states.

:lol::lol::lol:

Incorrect in the sense of them being at war as such.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sns-eu...1,7545870.story

The Greek-dominated Cypriot government, which holds most of the island, reported just one homicide on the Greek side of the capital in the three years ending in December 1999, and just 11 homicides on the Greek side of the island. (Statistics for the Turkish side were unavailable.)

By the numbers, that makes Greek-controlled Nicosia and Cyprus the least homicidal capital and country among all 32 nations in the British Home Office's study.

Unless things have drastically changed in 7 years, then the evidence directly contradicts your view.

That rate is lower than Berne, never mind Glasgow. :lol:

Cypriot trunk road infrastructure is swift and far more efficiently constructed than certain Glasgow-area developments, ie the Auchenkilns junction/ continual M8 repairs.

Conclusion: you're talking utter pish.

But they don't have adequate fucking flooring!!!! :angry:

:lol:

The only unsanitary urban problem in Cyprus is as Ron points out the same toilet issues of other countries - Nicosians clearly hold a standard of living higher than fucking Shettleston and frankly, I doubt Supras has actually witnessed the sort of deprivation and general shiteholiness of Glasgow East, Greenock East or hell, even in Smackville itself.

When you consider Cyprus has entry to the EU you'd think if Supras was correct there'd be a massed horde of young Cypriots aiming to release themselves from utter waste in the glorious wealth of Glasgow: I'm looking but I'm not seeing it. :lol:

Was one of the council's secret aims to improve flooring in the area?

Okay, you're now poorer than before, and your life expectancy is down, but at least you've got a nice floor.

Things can only get better?

Nicosians clearly hold a standard of living higher than fucking Shettleston

At least Nicosians won't have to worry about sunlight depravation, lack of vitamin D and low clouds.

Pish carpets, mind :P

At least Nicosians won't have to worry about sunlight depravation, lack of vitamin D and low clouds.

Pish carpets, mind :P

Lovely stone floors they have over there. Even the poorest have nice terracotta tiles

:lol::lol::lol:

Incorrect in the sense of them being at war as such.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sns-eu...1,7545870.story

Unless things have drastically changed in 7 years, then the evidence directly contradicts your view.

That rate is lower than Berne, never mind Glasgow. :lol:

Cypriot trunk road infrastructure is swift and far more efficiently constructed than certain Glasgow-area developments, ie the Auchenkilns junction/ continual M8 repairs.

Conclusion: you're talking utter pish.

Incorrect, the two countries are at war - that is correct.

You have mentioned only homicide rates, I said crime rates were high not homicide rates.

The average road in nicosia is pish, speaking from personal experience.

Oh aye and their flooring is pish.

You have mentioned only homicide rates, I said crime rates were high not homicide rates.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-adv/speci...s/article6.html

Despite this scar of division, Cyprus is one of the safest countries in the world, with an extremely low crime rate, encouraging tourists and businessmen to visit without

They are at a state of ceasefire.

Cypriot roads are no worse than those down my street never mind Glasgow East.

They have flooring. And money. And jobs.

You're floundering.

Edit edit: WTF with the font?

:D

Most people would have given up ages ago, but I admire the way you don't let the facts get in the way of your argument :P

Archived