The Official "ban Supras" Petition

Don't understand the banning if posters. There's an ignore facility ffs.

The ignore facility is shit. It still shows posts when they're quoted and replied to.

Anyone who read the Misc Fitba forum knows that he should have been banned long ago for spamming every thread with the same shite over and over again. Unfortunately he was left for so long that loads of posters have said they just avoid the forum now so it's not very busy. Hopefully the damage can be repaired now he's gone and people will start discussing stuff again in the knowledge that every thread won't result in the same arguments about Balotelli, rape etc etc.

Its now decent chat with HB still dropping in every so often to make posts that would usually start a row with Supras but getting no reply

I've not been very active on here for a while, not sorry to see Supras gone, I found that even when I agreed with his starting point somehow his manner was so argumentative I couldn't bring myself to support him, someone on here has mentioned Aspergers and I have to agree, megalomania would be one I'd be testing for too.

Was Casual Bystander one of his ? I thought there were a lot of similarities.

The fact that people are posting about him a week or so after he has been banned suggest how successful he was in getting under folks skin. I didn't come across him much and don't know if he was a deliberate WUM, if not its all the more impressive that he has had this reaction without really trying.

I honestly think he wasnt a troll. You just couldn't keep it going that long.

I find it a bit weird that accusing other posters of dealing with autism or Aspergers seems fair play on here, whereas calling them windowlickers is totally out of order. Maybe we should have a list of mental ailments that it's ok to laugh about, and those not. Personally I think Supras came on here to big himself up after being bullied by his pet budgie.

Ailments dear, ailments.

Let's stick with 'Disorder' which is how the medical profession classify it. Both illness and ailment suggest temporary States that can be corrected through treatment. Autism Spectrum Disorder, which encompasses Asperger's Syndrome, is not temporary. I have a child recently diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and would probably have been tested for it myself had I been going through the educational system now rather than 30 years ago. I probably wouldn't have been diagnosed as the 'volume' of my traits is quite low and they don't have a detrimental effect on my life. Edited by Funky Nosejob

It's not a mental ailment either.

Autism is a learning disability. Asperger's is a social development disorder.

I don't think anyone was intending any slight Mrs M, we're not experts but then again despite what we think most of us aren't the renowned experts on Scottish football we like to think we are either, it doesn't stop us spraffing on about that either. I think we're trying to figure out why Supras was such a humourless, p***kly and argumentative 'character' (there, I said it ! :P ). His dogmatic approach to debate certainly suggested that there was issues.

Let's stick with 'Disorder' which is how the medical profession classify it. Both illness and ailment suggest temporary States that can be corrected through treatment. Autism Spectrum Disorder, which encompasses Asperger's Syndrome, is not temporary. I have a child recently diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and would probably have been tested for it myself had I been going through the educational system now rather than 30 years ago. I probably wouldn't have been diagnosed as the 'volume' of my traits is quite low and they don't have a detrimental effect on my life.

One of my best mates used to say (and it struck a chord with me and I now think the same) that all men are autistic and all women are neurotic, its a sweeping generalisation but it seems to me that we're probably all on some scale for something. I hope it all goes well with the wee one.

I don't think anyone was intending any slight Mrs M, we're not experts but then again despite what we think most of us aren't the renowned experts on Scottish football we like to think we are either, it doesn't stop us spraffing on about that either. I think we're trying to figure out why Supras was such a humourless, p***kly and argumentative 'character' (there, I said it ! :P ). His dogmatic approach to debate certainly suggested that there was issues.

No, I just think that it's worth clarifying. I too have a son with Asperger's and I wish people had a better understanding.

No, I just think that it's worth clarifying. I too have a son with Asperger's and I wish people had a better understanding.

That could probably be applied to a lot of things, not making excuses but thats life I suppose. The fact that we're even talking about Aspergers is probably a step in the right direction, 10 years ago most of us probably hadn't even heard of it let alone a vague understanding.

One of my best mates used to say (and it struck a chord with me and I now think the same) that all men are autistic and all women are neurotic, its a sweeping generalisation but it seems to me that we're probably all on some scale for something. I hope it all goes well with the wee one.

Indeed, research has shown that the distribution of autistic traits in the general population describes a perfect bell curve. A diagnosis is only made when the number and severity of the traits has a serious effect on lifestyle.

Our "Aspie" attends mainstream school, has a reading age 5 years ahead of her chronological age and a fascination for human biology, evolution theory and Minecraft. She'll always seem a bit "odd", but she's accepted "as is" by her family, friends and school. She'll be fine.

Indeed, research has shown that the distribution of autistic traits in the general population describes a perfect bell curve. A diagnosis is only made when the number and severity of the traits has a serious effect on lifestyle.

Our "Aspie" attends mainstream school, has a reading age 5 years ahead of her chronological age and a fascination for human biology, evolution theory and Minecraft. She'll always seem a bit "odd", but she's accepted "as is" by her family, friends and school. She'll be fine.

Glad to hear she's doing well mate, from what I know its more common with males but I can't claim to be an expert. She's obviously brought up in a 'richt enough' family who love her. That's the important stuff.

I think most of us have our wee oddities, I know I do and I'm considered 'normal' (at least by me and all the voices in my head :ph34r: ), we can be quick to judge, if people aren't a problem then embrace the strange, it would be a boring world if we were all the same.