Official P&b Cycling Thread

1 hour ago, sjc said:

This whole C.A.S.T thing is confusing. I have a car but cycle to work and own a property in Perthshire........where do I stand in your grand scheme of things @PB 4.2?

I’m not sure where I stand either as I pay more Vehicle Excise Duty and probably more overall tax than PB4.2. Does that mean I have more right to the road than he does?

26 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

I’m not sure where I stand either as I pay more Vehicle Excise Duty and probably more overall tax than PB4.2. Does that mean I have more right to the road than he does?

It's a minefield man!

2 hours ago, sjc said:

This whole C.A.S.T thing is confusing. I have a car but cycle to work and own a property in Perthshire........where do I stand in your grand scheme of things @PB 4.2?

If you're cycling about in a non-intrustive manner you have nothing to worry about.  Chances are we don't have you on our database as we only hold records of about 200 cyclist including two on here (Statts is a cat 3) (UTN cat 5).    We only become interested if you're a threat to normal people, or enter these daft races which close our tax-funded roads.  

Congrats on your Perthshire property through fella.   The choice of winners.  

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

What makes you think you pay more taxation?   Are you including Fuel duties in your calculations?    

27 minutes ago, PB 4.2 said:

If you're cycling about in a non-intrustive manner you have nothing to worry about.  Chances are we don't have you on our database as we only hold records of about 200 cyclist including two on here (Statts is a cat 3) (UTN cat 5).    We only become interested if you're a threat to normal people, or enter these daft races which close our tax-funded roads.  

Congrats on your Perthshire property through fella.   The choice of winners.  

Thanks for clearing that up. 

IMG_46613706999903.jpeg.3697bf9df21218f788742a66736d26b8.jpeg

#Perthshire

1 hour ago, PB 4.2 said:

“Chances are we don't have you on our database “

”We only become interested if you're a threat to normal people”

These quotes coming from the pathetic, sad and lonely  individual who ;

Makes up fictitious stories regarding non- existent organisations 

Admits to filming young women without their knowledge or consent 

Trolled through 236 pages of a thread  on here one evening in order to give me 26 red dots 

Allegedly admitted to paying for sex on another thread on here

Posts photographs of other people’s houses , pretending them to be his

Has been banned on numerous occasions from this forum ( under various different guises) for inappropriate posts 

Regularly wishes injury and ill fate on total strangers on here

Lives in a total fantasy world 

Taking all of the above into consideration , I’d assume there’s a much better chance of you being listed in non - fictional databases , posing a much bigger threat to normal people than I could ever imagine.

2 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

What makes you think you pay more taxation?   Are you including Fuel duties in your calculations?    

Well your Kia has a lower duty band than mine, I did 35,000 miles last year and you were too ashamed to discuss your own salary in a discussion that you set up to find out what other people earned.

23 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

There's a good route at Kippenrait Glen. Not technically too difficult but helluva steep in places. Nearly took a header off a 40ft drop but managed to grab some nettles to stop me - ouch! - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12311963

Been up there a few times , great fun 

9 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

Well your Kia has a lower duty band than mine, I did 35,000 miles last year and you were too ashamed to discuss your own salary in a discussion that you set up to find out what other people earned.

So basically you are using speculation and fantasy.    This is where we differ.   

I don't doubt that you earned more than me last year because I work as little as possible.   I have my own Financial Services company and take outsourcing work.   Which is why I'm in North Edinburgh as I have been for the last 14 months.    

Typically I work 20-25 hour in the winter and 10-20 in the Summer.   

Let’s deal with the speculation, do you or do you not drive a Kia Cee’d diesel that attracts a road fund licence of around £30 a year? Significantly less than my diesel Mercedes I would wager.

Financial services company, here is what I make of that. You do contracting, maybe agency work in an office hence your own company but your hours are greatly reduced in the summer time as the market is flooded with students looking for work.  I think you work a pitch in a street or shopping centre somewhere trying to flog PPI claims hence outsourcing the investigations to another company.

If you are such a financial whizz-kid, then why are you looking at buying a new Kia (which doesn’t exist except in concept form) instead of a more tax efficient lease deal possibly for a Lexus which we all know your heart desires.  Putting your money into Kia shares which have dipped significantly wasn’t a shrewd move either. 

Anyway I apologise to my fellow cyclists for the derailment of this thread. Let’s get back to the joys of two wheels whether it’s road, mountain or track.

Edited by statts1976uk

After 15 years away from cycling, bought myself a Boardman hybrid last year. It's not top of the  range but reliable and most importantly comfortable.  4 hours seems to be my limit, but that's usually good for 45-50 miles with a fair bit of climbing. 

Came on here to ask a question, but thought I'd check the thread first to see if it's been asked before. Ended up reading the entire thread from page 1, and unfortunately, because it took me nearly 4 months to get through it, I've forgotten what the question was. Great read though. Things sure have changed a lot in 15 years.