Official P&b Cycling Thread

10 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Probably paths the most imo. 

The great pity for me is that cycle/psycho.....paths is excellent wordplay.   It's the sort of quick-witted retort you've become accustomed too with the PB brand.   

Yet, as we all know the mentally detached cyclists target roads.    

It's a pity really.  #pity  

Does anyone on here know if there are any decent bike hire places near Aberdeen that rent tandems? My friend who had a stroke at New Year is wanting to the Gairloch event on the 17th of June but concerned that he might not be fit enough for the 54 miles particularly the climbs so we are looking at doing it on a tandem.

1 minute ago, statts1976uk said:

Does anyone on here know if there are any decent bike hire places near Aberdeen that rent tandems? My friend who had a stroke at New Year is wanting to the Gairloch event on the 17th of June but concerned that he might not be fit enough for the 54 miles particularly the climbs so we are looking at doing it on a tandem.

Would an e bike not also be a possible option. ?

He doesn’t want to try one in case he likes it and it ends up replacing his road bike. He’s just a bit concerned that he might not be fit enough yet, he’s getting his strength back in his hand and lower leg but whether it’ll be back in time for then we don’t know. We think a tandem would be fun particularly as neither of us has ridden one before.

7 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

He doesn’t want to try one in case he likes it and it ends up replacing his road bike. He’s just a bit concerned that he might not be fit enough yet, he’s getting his strength back in his hand and lower leg but whether it’ll be back in time for then we don’t know. We think a tandem would be fun particularly as neither of us has ridden one before.

Scroll down this list and there’s a shop listed in Ballater 

They may be able to help or point you in the right direction 

https://tandem-club.org.uk/files/information/tandemhire.html

1 hour ago, statts1976uk said:

What's the event? 

On 26/02/2018 at 06:50, statts1976uk said:

If you are looking for a cheaper bike then the B’Twin range at Decathlon seems to get pretty good write ups and decent spec for your money. Is it a road bike or mountain bike you are after? If it’s the latter then the Voodoo range at Halfords seem ok too.

Mostly paths mate so Mountain, Thank you mate will have a look.

17 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

Check with your work as they might have a cyclescheme and you might get a better bike for up to 42% off

Unwilling to pay for the upkeep of the road via road taxation is one thing, but  I'd forgotten about this appeasement policy.    

You must feel embarrassed linking it up.   

21 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Just got my certificate for £1000 approved. 

Glorious. 

You've always struck me as the sort of non-entity who couldn't employ themselves.   

Enjoy paying Income Tax!  

9 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

Unwilling to pay for the upkeep of the road via road taxation is one thing, but  I'd forgotten about this appeasement policy.    

You must feel embarrassed linking it up.   

As someone who claims to be a professional financial advisor/accountant surely you would be advising your clients to be as tax efficient as possible. I would presume that as someone who is self employed that you are maximising your income streams, I know I do.