Official P&b Cycling Thread

There's a cycle craze developing called " Everesting" , where you climb the equivalent of Everest in one ride.

The rules are it must be up and down the same route.

For those of you who know it, some of the guys in my bike club are planning to do this up and down The Crow Road from the Lennoxtown side ... 29 times, which they reckon they can do in under 17 hours!!!

Fucking bonkers

First day commuting to work on the bike. Its only 6.3 miles each way but there is a total climb of 990ft over the two journeys. Makes (especially the return) a bit of a slog.

Still, took me 31 mins on the way and 34 on the way back. Wasn't pushing so fairly chuffed. Targeting closer to 20-25 mins in a few weeks

I've really been hammering my new bike - cycled 438 miles in the last 28 days.

Planning a big run on Friday - Whitelee Windfarm, Eaglesham, Newton Mearns, Pollok park, Paisley, Kilbirnie, Kilwinning.............and then back to Kilmarnock.

A typical 4 seasons in one day, bike ride on Sunday.

Larbert - Cambusbarron - Packers Lane - Braes O Greenock - Aberfoyle - Dukes Pass - Callendar - Thornhill - Kippen Flats - Cambusbarron - Larbert

82 miles through brilliant sunshine, rain, gusty winds and hailstones!

Average 21 3 mph

Went out with my local club last night totally blown away and,dropped. To be fair it wasn't a club ride more a racing training session #humiliated

Don't be put off by it mate.

I was exactly the same last night and burst after only 2 laps of our APR circuit, having come 5th out of 40 last week.

Mind you,I'm no surprised, when I packed it,my average for the first 14 miles was 24.8 mph

Don't be put off by it mate.

I was exactly the same last night and burst after only 2 laps of our APR circuit, having come 5th out of 40 last week.

Mind you,I'm no surprised, when I packed it,my average for the first 14 miles was 24.8 mph

Need to find a group better suited to me, I dont mind being dropped thats part n parcel but to be ditched totally wasnt cool safety in numbers until your ditched lol

It's not very often you can get revenge (of sorts) on drivers who just about knock you off, but I managed it this evening.

Approaching a roundabout, a car tries to overtake then cut back in with no space. I give a blast of the AirZounds, which she hears because she swerved out again with a jump. But she proceeded to push back in and get in ahead of me at the roundabout with me following. I point towards the kerb, not expecting results, but remarkably she pulls in...at which point I overtook, shouting "thanks" on my way past. There was a fair stream of traffic behind me so it must have taken her ages to get back out again (I turned off a wee bit further down the road and she hadn't passed again).

A bit childish perhaps, but a nice bit of revenge I think, sprinkled with a touch of trolling.

Going down to London in august, looking for a box for transporting my bike any links to cheap options welcome. My work are going to send the bikes down i just need to source the packaging

Go to your local bike shop and ask if they have any boxes that bikes were delivered in, as they just chuck them

A couple of guys did this when we went to Majorca last year and it worked a treat

Go to your local Wickes,Homebase,B&Q etc, buy some of this, split it and fit it round the frame & forks for added protection

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Pipe-Insulation-Byelaw-15mmx1m-PK3/p/210010

10 members from Falkirk Bike Club, will be attempting to "Everest" The Crow Road, from the Lennoxtown side tomorrow.

For those of you not familiar with this, its climbing and descending the same hill, from the same start point ,until you've climbed the equivalent hight of Everest,so just over 29,000 feet of climbing on what's a tough local hill!.

They're starting at 3am tomorrow morning and reckon it'll take them around 17 hours to compete this.

Rules and regulations are very strict and can be found here http://www.everesting.cc/.

They're attempting to be the first people in Scotland to do this and to date only 7 people in the UK have managed this and 70 worldwide.

It's an epic task and they're going to need all the support they can get.

If you're out that way on your bike tomorrow, go along and give the guys some encouragement and if you feel up to it, give them a wheel to hang on to on as many ascents as you can manage, as this will be as tough a mental and psychological challenge as it will be physical

These are the club colours to look out for,so if possible, go along and give them some encouragement.

post-25568-0-99954600-1403275299_thumb.j

10 members from Falkirk Bike Club, will be attempting to "Everest" The Crow Road, from the Lennoxtown side tomorrow.

For those of you not familiar with this, its climbing and descending the same hill, from the same start point ,until you've climbed the equivalent hight of Everest,so just over 29,000 feet of climbing on what's a tough local hill!.

They're starting at 3am tomorrow morning and reckon it'll take them around 17 hours to compete this.

Rules and regulations are very strict and can be found here http://www.everesting.cc/.

They're attempting to be the first people in Scotland to do this and to date only 7 people in the UK have managed this and 70 worldwide.

It's an epic task and they're going to need all the support they can get.

If you're out that way on your bike tomorrow, go along and give the guys some encouragement and if you feel up to it, give them a wheel to hang on to on as many ascents as you can manage, as this will be as tough a mental and psychological challenge as it will be physical

These are the club colours to look out for,so if possible, go along and give them some encouragement.

attachicon.giffbc pic.jpg

#mentalists