Official P&b Cycling Thread

An all-day event at work today means I had to pack my bag for PFS this morning (I'm going to Glasgow tonight).Can anyone suggest things I might have forgotten...

Remembered your numbers, for bike and shirt? There's not that much else you need. I'll have a spare tube and some basic tools but with stops every ten miles or so you don't need to carry much.

I almost forgot the numbers :lol:

A spare tube makes sense I suppose, but like you said you're never more than 5 miles from a repair station - even if it means turning around.

Edited by The Master

Yup - but I did almost forget it.

For the record, I'm not an especially forgetful person and I know what I do and don't need for something like this. But needing to pack the bag a day in advance along with what was needed for work made it difficult to focus :lol:

Have to say, today was one of the best rides I've had in a long time (bike rides, you filthy-minded people :P).

It all seemed to go in really quickly and at no point was I desperate for a feed station to have rest. The fantastic weather undoubtedly helped.

Have to say, today was one of the best rides I've had in a long time (bike rides, you filthy-minded people :P).It all seemed to go in really quickly and at no point was I desperate for a feed station to have rest. The fantastic weather undoubtedly helped.

^^^This, all. My scales say I've gained weight today - actually too much food available!

Great day - some really nice parts of the course. Pretty brutal - very windy - and somewhat into your face in bits. Strava says 6 hours 41 minutes. Hopefully just under 7 hours on the chip because I had 9 minutes of stops. Never managed to catch on to any peletons - which might have made a difference. A but pooped now!! All in all glad I did it - early start from North Fife - kudos to my missus for dropping me off and picking me up. And to you guys and Bold Rover in particular for selling it to me. Cheers.