Golfers Thread

Gaz

Ross Fisher currently -11 after 15 holes playing the Old Course at the Dunhill....

Finished with a course record 61. Tyrell Hatton retained his title. Marc Warren finished tied 4th with Stephen Gallacher tied 12th and Connor Syme continuing his excellent start to his professional career with a top 15 finish.

Well that went as expected, didn’t even keep a score after the second hole. Glad I was playing by myself feel like I’m a lot worse than before the lesson. Any advice? Keep getting lessons or go back to how I played which wasn’t great but was ok

3 hours ago, towner_21 said:

Well that went as expected, didn’t even keep a score after the second hole. Glad I was playing by myself feel like I’m a lot worse than before the lesson. Any advice? Keep getting lessons or go back to how I played which wasn’t great but was ok

Stick with the lessons.

Just now, towner_21 said:

I knew that in my head was just down with the way I played, will it really benefit me if I only play once a week and get to the range once a week?

In all honesty i think for most players lessons will help to get the basics.

If your going to the range set yourself some goals. Endlessly hitting balls at the range IMHO doesn`t bring much reward.

In all honesty most of us would benefit most from short game practice.

I have saw an improvement since my lessons and Im going to start my 5 lesson block on the 21st, firstly I still revert back to my old swing style a lot but when it all comes together the ball striking, distance, accuracy, height is all good, he added about 40 yards to my drive and my pitching inside 50 yards is now night and day, if your going to the range take 1 or 2 clubs and just work on they 2 I'd recommend PW and a long iron, and go 10 balls at 50% swing (30 yards) 10-75% (60-70 yards) and 10 full swing (90-110 yards) and very the other 20, and do the same with the long iron on another basket

Robert MacIntyre followed up that performance by winning the Kuwait Golf Championship in only his second event as a pro.

What level was that? Challenge tour?

I see Syme has been given an invite to this week's event in Spain but unless he wins it he's bound for the lottery of Q-school in a few weeks.

I see Syme has been given an invite to this week's event in Spain but unless he wins it he's bound for the lottery of Q-school in a few weeks.

It's the MENA tour (Middle East and North Africa). Standard might not be the greatest but fair play to him for getting off his arse and going to play there instead of sitting at home waiting for invites. Experience can only do him good.

On 10/18/2017 at 23:08, Ro Sham Bo said:

He might be 9 shots off the lead, but it's another successful week for Connor Syme as he makes it 3 cuts from 3 in the Andalucia Open. Scott Jamieson is tied for 2nd, 1 shot back.

He might be 9 shots off the lead, but it's another successful week for Connor Syme as he makes it 3 cuts from 3 in the Andalucia Open. Scott Jamieson is tied for 2nd, 1 shot back.

Good effort to bounce back from a 75 in the first round. I must admit I'd written him off this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing an improvement in my golf since the second lesson, still got a bit to go but striking the ball much cleaner now. I get a video of my swing before and after lesson and massive changes since the first lesson. Going to carry on with them throughout the winter and see what next season bring

On 07/10/2017 at 19:39, peasy23 said:

Some good performances from the young Scots this week, hopefully promising signs for the future.

11550b5d84708a0c7b8ec1badc6f7ba2.jpg

Syme and McIntyre have qualified for the final stage of Q school which begins this weekend. David Law, Chris Doak, Scott Henry, Ewen Ferguson and Ross Kellett will join them.