Golfers Thread

Gaz

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Indeed, praying for a birdie to win outright on the last or at least Par to stay in the mix, then bogeying the hole to finish tied 7th! Ouch!!emoji15.png

And they showed a clip of him missing a 2 footer for par earlier

MacIntyre drops to 51st in the latest world rankings after a bit of a disappointing weekend, but Hill is up to a career best of 97th.
Just reading some comments on Twitter. Obviously great to see Bob, Calum and Grant Forrest doing well. The common denominator is that all 3 played college golf in the US. Have we lost the ability to produce home grown talent without them getting that competitive experience that the US college system provides?

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
MacIntyre drops to 51st in the latest world rankings after a bit of a disappointing weekend, but Hill is up to a career best of 97th.

Just reading some comments on Twitter. Obviously great to see Bob, Calum and Grant Forrest doing well. The common denominator is that all 3 played college golf in the US. Have we lost the ability to produce home grown talent without them getting that competitive experience that the US college system provides?

It's an interesting point. I suppose it could be that just more of our top players are choosing to take that route. 

I believe all three are part of the same management group and possibly the same coach also, so that could be part of it too.

It would be a bit depressing if every player that makes the grade is a product of the US College system but it does seem that is the way the game is heading. 

Played a tie tonight against a guy who I first played in the Junior singles 26 years ago, when he beat me 9&8.

I've obviously improved significantly in the intervening time, as I only got horsed 6&5 tonight. He was -5 for 13 holes, and from about the 3rd, I knew it was a matter of me just trying to keep the game going as long as possible!

Can’t really blame the guys either. A few years free education in superb facilities and playing on manicured courses. If they don’t make the grade at least they have a degree out of it 
Definitely. They are effectively pro as they are practicing and playing just about full time.