Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, EvilScotsman said:

Despite not doing too much this afternoon, we're still in this.

Fleetwood/Hovel Andrew going 2 up (especially when they miss 2 shortish ones for the half) could be big.

I just switched back on to hear McGinley say Europe were looking pretty good this afternoon then the scoreboard comes up showing up in 1, down in 2...

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I just switched back on to hear McGinley say Europe were looking pretty good this afternoon then the scoreboard comes up showing up in 1, down in 2...

Compared to this morning we are! For all that DeChambeau is playing well, they're only 1 up (and 1 of them is going to have to hole a putt for a half here). It's much harder to win holes in fourballs so being 2 down is much more daunting than in foursomes.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Starting to look like it could be another 3-1 session. If it is, it's all over. 

Somebody needs to do something, certainly.

Scant consolation, for a US Ryder Cup team they are mostly pretty likeable characters e.g. they all hate DeChambeau/Spieth giving the crowd pelters for their lack of manners etc.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Was just going to post the same, Europe need to at least half this session.

The worst thing is that every time a roar goes up you know there's absolutely no possibility that it's good news from a European event. Must be hard for them to keep their heads up the way things are going. 

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Was just going to post the same, Europe need to at least half this session.

Europe will need to putt a lot better to have a chance. Too many birdie chances have been missed.

The Americans are beginning to turn the screw again.

Some shot from Wiesberger, there. The rookies have all had their moments; I'd have Sergio back in and Rory joining Fitzpatrick, Westwood and Poulter on the putting green tomorrow morning.
Piss off DJ.
That there from DJ has been the difference, numerous times Europe have looked favourite to win a hole, only for one of the Yanks to roll in a longish putt.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
6 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:
Some shot from Wiesberger, there. The rookies have all had their moments; I'd have Sergio back in and Rory joining Fitzpatrick, Westwood and Poulter on the putting green tomorrow morning.
Piss off DJ.

That there from DJ has been the difference, numerous times Europe have looked favourite to win a hole, only for one of the Yanks to roll in a longish putt.

Yeah, you'd be hard pushed to begrudge them their lead. I'd bite your hand off for 5-3 overnight.