Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The first yesterday was halved not won by Bob.

Both his matches have been Four-balls not Foursomes.

If it makes the Bob fan club happy Fitzpatrick was a weaker link today by far.

Out of interest if Fowler was to be ill and unable to play would anyone have a name other than Bob’s in the envelope?

Imagine being that desperate to talk down the only man representing your country on the biggest stage on earth. What a weirdo!

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I would've felt better if we hadn't lost that final tie but we've maintained the overnight lead. You'd fancy there's enough decent European players out there to get 4 points but stranger things have happened... 

Agreed. That said the Americans would have set a minimum requirement for the day to make inroads into Europe's lead. They haven't done that. 

All 4 players in that last match played the 18th really poorly. The hatless one made the putt of course.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

13 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The first yesterday was halved not won by Bob.

Both his matches have been Four-balls not Foursomes.

If it makes the Bob fan club happy Fitzpatrick was a weaker link today by far.

Out of interest if Fowler was to be ill and unable to play would anyone have a name other than Bob’s in the envelope?

Cheer up mate. Bob is a rookie who was very nervous yesterday and came onto a great game in the back 9 today. The fried egg up and down was outrageous. 

I'd maybe put Lowry in the envelope... And I'm only half joking. 

Edited by VictorOnopko

Those afternoon ties were not a disaster, only 4-0 would have been really. USA have taken a pumping so far and they know it. Half points no good for them tomorrow, they would have to have the whole top half of the board red tomorrow for it to collapse for Europe.

Something happened in the 18th between cantleys caddie and Shane Lowry .but it was all hugged out etc then Rory is going mental in the car park,bones ( Thomas caddy) is speaking but Rory is going mental to somebody beyond bones and Lowry had to hold him back 

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

It's not Bones he is having a go at ,he is pointing beyond bones 

Some are suggesting it relates to the celebrations immediately after Cantlay's putt, my point is that it's handbags stuff nothing more.  And I really wish Lowry would concentrate on his golf rather than his team cheerleader duties.

Edited by Angus_Don

Just now, Angus_Don said:

Some are suggesting it relates to the celebrations immediately after Cantlay's putt, my point is that it's handbags stuff nothing more.

Defo handbag stuff but one thing that came out of the hounding at whistling straits was they were all to pally with the Yanks now this may have changed 😂