Golfers Thread

Gaz

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

This end of season “playoff” is utter pish. Just my opinion of course. 

It's so badly weighted in favour of the lesder coming in that more than half the field have virtually no chance of winning.

They don't give a team 2 games of a start in the world series or give them 14 points in the superbowl.

51 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

It's so badly weighted in favour of the lesder coming in that more than half the field have virtually no chance of winning.

They don't give a team 2 games of a start in the world series or give them 14 points in the superbowl.

Christ, keep it quiet or Doncaster will be giving the Old Firm goal starts in Cup finals 

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

I think when the guy who is given this lead and is cake walking the tournament says "this is really shit and we should change it", we should probably look to change it. 

Can I just say what a good c**t Theegala is, again. Calling a penalty on himself for moving sand on his back swing accidentally. Could easily have done a Patrick Reed but he's not a fat, greedy, cheating b*****d. 

Big day today lads. A good round will see me break 10 for the first time in my life. Protecting a score of 79 so a 78 (10+) or better sees me complete my goal. I believe a 76 (8+) sees me go to 9.5. Wish me luck boys 

43 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Remember how the handicap start came about though

But that's the point I was making about other sports. The regular season gets you in the playoffs, but when you play you might have been seeded to come in at a later stage or get a home draw, but the actual games start at 0-0. 

55 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Remember how the handicap start came about though

Have the play offs but remove the handicap. Scheffler would still be in front but there would be two or three guys chasing him today for the win if there was no handicap. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Have the play offs but remove the handicap. Scheffler would still be in front but there would be two or three guys chasing him today for the win if there was no handicap. 

What’s the actual leaderboard without the handicap? 

18 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

But that's the point I was making about other sports. The regular season gets you in the playoffs, but when you play you might have been seeded to come in at a later stage or get a home draw, but the actual games start at 0-0. 

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I agree with that  a straight shoot out would be better but I was more meaning some guy would finish in about 10 th place and still finish as the FedEx champion now that was a shambles 

They give you the points/place rankings in all the other events leading up so why not do the same in the “final”. That way you still have a winner of the overall championship and a winner of the specific event. Looks stupid if a guy wins a 72 hole tournament but gets nothing for it because another guy was given a 5 stroke head start.