Golfers Thread

Gaz

Knox hasn't played consistently well enough really. He timed his hot streak well with it being right in the middle of the European Tour Rolex series events but his FedEx Cup ranking shows an ordinary season on the US tour.
A good finish for Syme would secure his card while Jamieson and Neil are coming into a bit of form but have a hell of an amount of work to do to secure their cards.

10 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Knox hasn't played consistently well enough really. He timed his hot streak well with it being right in the middle of the European Tour Rolex series events but his FedEx Cup ranking shows an ordinary season on the US tour.
A good finish for Syme would secure his card while Jamieson and Neil are coming into a bit of form but have a hell of an amount of work to do to secure their cards.

Jamieson was -3 today which keeps him in 4th place, 4 shots behind the 2 co-leaders. One of them is Padraig Harrington and it's the first time he has held a 54 hole lead since 2009.

Syme was +1 and Neil +2, which saw them slip well down the leaderboard as 2 or 3 under was the norm for most of the field today.

Pepperell and Pieters are T8, 6 shots back from the leaders.

Edited by peasy23

21 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Jamieson was -3 today which keeps him in 4th place, 4 shots behind the 2 co-leaders. One of them is Padraig Harrington and it's the first time he has held a 54 hole lead since 2009.

Syme was +1 and Neil +2, which saw them slip well down the leaderboard as 2 or 3 under was the norm for most of the field today.

Pepperell and Pieters are T8, 6 shots back from the leaders.

Jamieson finished tied 4th. 

Syme dropped 6 shots in 3 holes on the back 9 today to finish tied 50th. Neil shot 79 to finish 69th.

Syme sitting at 108th in rankings with top 110 keeping their cards. Jamieson up to 102nd after his excellent week.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Jamieson finished tied 4th. 

Syme dropped 6 shots in 3 holes on the back 9 today to finish tied 50th. Neil shot 79 to finish 69th.

Syme sitting at 108th in rankings with top 110 keeping their cards. Jamieson up to 102nd after his excellent week.

Expensive few holes for Syme that. Good weeks work for Jamieson, in decent form just now, and needs another couple of decent finishes.

Was a good finish to watch today. Andrea Pavan was on fire with his putter yesterday and this afternoon.

Was just about to post an invite for anyone wanting a round on Sunday just released the game was on so maybe Sunday after if anyone is interested, it will be £15 per round, £17 for a cart if needed, sandyhills golf club it's a nice course and extremely well maintained

Was just about to post an invite for anyone wanting a round on Sunday just released the game was on so maybe Sunday after if anyone is interested, it will be £15 per round, £17 for a cart if needed, sandyhills golf club it's a nice course and extremely well maintained
I would mate but the Mrs is working Sunday so I'm gonna try and get something for Saturday this week.

Another time, i always enjoy playing other courses personally so thought I'd give the offer too plus its good if you round with someone who knows the course
Exactly.
Its no surprise to me to go round a course in 90+ playing it blind, but return and shoot an 85.
First round this week for me in nearly 3 weeks so not expecting magic at all.
In fact tbf a sub 100 will do fine.

Exactly.
Its no surprise to me to go round a course in 90+ playing it blind, but return and shoot an 85.
First round this week for me in nearly 3 weeks so not expecting magic at all.
In fact tbf a sub 100 will do fine.

Defo you always play beter when you know were to hit, iv been playing terrible past month iron play has been better but my putting has went to s**t its really annoying that you improve on one thing but get worse in another

On 27/08/2018 at 09:15, peasy23 said:

Russell Knox managed to hang on to 93rd spot in the FedEx list, but he'll need a very good finish in Boston to get him into the top 70 for the BMW Championship.

Projections suggest he needs to be 13th or better this week to progress to BMW. Knox has a decent record at TPC Boston.

FedEx-Scenarios

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Played Whitecraigs on Monday with my Father in law.  Next to Rouken Glen, it's the closest course to me.  I've been meaning to play it for ages, but never got round to it until now.  Really nice course.  My game wasn't up to the surroundings however.  My slice, which I'd been kind of keeping under control returned with a vengeance.  It's quite alarming to look at the divot you've left on the ground and realise it's pointing to 10 o'clock almost.

Need to get it sorted.