Golfers Thread

Gaz

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The commentators have just agreed that Rory is the best European player ever. f**k me gently.

6 and 5 win for Poulter.

Iv a feeling a certain Severiano Ballesteros would disagree, if he was still with us 

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
Is McGinlay one of them?
Absolute fucking drivel

Nope, American commentary team.

Mental. 

He'd maybe be in the top 5. 

You've got at least Seve and Faldo ahead of him, factoring in the Ryder Cup you could also have Olazabal & Monty and for both his tournament record and ridiculous consistency over the years, Langer. 

Mental. 
He'd maybe be in the top 5. 
You've got at least Seve and Faldo ahead of him, factoring in the Ryder Cup you could also have Olazabal & Monty and for both his tournament record and ridiculous consistency over the years, Langer. 
Rory's 4 major wins carry a bit of clout tbf, but going way back Harry Vardon won 7. He only played in 3 US Opens and finished 1st, 2nd and T2nd.

Seve and Faldo's records both way ahead of Rory at the moment.

There's certainly a case to be made that McIlroy will eventually be considered the greatest ever European golfer. He's got plenty years left and just needs the Masters to complete the Grand Slam. Add in the Players, WGC's and probably half a dozen Ryder Cup wins too. He is only 19th on the list of all time European tour winners and 45th on the PGA list.

He's still behind Faldo and Seve at the very least for me.

There's certainly a case to be made that McIlroy will eventually be considered the greatest ever European golfer. He's got plenty years left and just needs the Masters to complete the Grand Slam. Add in the Players, WGC's and probably half a dozen Ryder Cup wins too. He is only 19th on the list of all time European tour winners and 45th on the PGA list.
He still has time on his side and if he can find his best form for a few years then he certainly has the ability to pass both their major hauls, but to suggest he is Europe's best ever at this moment in time is lunacy.

58 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
2 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

He still has time on his side and if he can find his best form for a few years then he certainly has the ability to pass both their major hauls, but to suggest he is Europe's best ever at this moment in time is lunacy.

Particularly bizarre timing considering at the moment he looks like he has no idea at all what he's doing. 

Looks like DeChambeau is on his way to defeat against Rozner. 2 down with 3 to play. 

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I quite like Murray. McGinley I can't stand though.

Not a fan of either. But murray annoys me most, so boring. And voice just grates on me, is “nasal” the word? Like he has a blocked nose all the time

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yes big fan of both. Coltart and Beem both excellent too IMHO.

Love Rich Beem. Tony Johnstone was good as well, don’t hear much of him now. Rob Lee is a good presenter but not so good in the box.