Golfers Thread

Gaz

This is the worst coverage I’ve ever seen. Sky not even mentioned bob almost hole in ones the 18th under that pressure. Not even shown us the shot. Showed us every play off shot though. Yet to see spieth hit one. Reed was 5 down through 5 and we didn’t see one hole. It’s a joke to be honest

5 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

This is the worst coverage I’ve ever seen. Sky not even mentioned bob almost hole in ones the 18th under that pressure. Not even shown us the shot. Showed us every play off shot though. Yet to see spieth hit one. Reed was 5 down through 5 and we didn’t see one hole. It’s a joke to be honest

Got to agree, they've concentrated on about a dozen players throughout and just ignored the rest.

MacIntyre sticks a 370 yard drive at the last to under 3 feet and it's not even been mentioned !!!

They can only show what the hosts give them, and for once I think they aren't at it as the only shot I saw on 18 was Long trying for his 3 then shaking hands, and I was watching a Dutch feed.

MacIntyre v Perez tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Just turned on in time for Sergio's hole in one. So Bob hits a drive to 3 feet on the par 4 18th to qualify and it's not even been shown? 

Can't blame Sky really, the host broadcaster has been brutal with their coverage all week. 

Dougherty and McGinley didn't even know that MacIntyre had driven the green and still haven't mentioned it.

Just now, peasy23 said:

They can only show what the hosts give them, and for once I think they aren't at it as the only shot I saw on 18 was Long trying for his 3 then shaking hands.

The coverage has been crap. Not bothered who’s fault it is. A lot of key shots haven’t been shown. 

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

They can only show what the hosts give them, and for once I think they aren't at it as the only shot I saw on 18 was Long trying for his 3 then shaking hands, and I was watching a Dutch feed.

This is True but if you and me can check the PGA app or website then supposed professional journalists and researchers should at least be capable of doing similar.

I actually lost interest in this after the first day, mostly because the coverage was pish. I’m hoping once it goes into knockout rounds it will be easier to follow and they will show a better variety of matches, I’m really not a fan of the group format which didn’t help with trying to follow things. 

Great to see (well not really) MacIntyre go through.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Who's doing the US coverage?

As much as they are a pretty despicable organisation, Fox are generally the best of a bad bunch I've always thought.

NBC

Faldo (who I can't stand), is actually making a big deal of MacIntyre's drive at 18 right now. Was making the point that 40 yards past Scheffler.

41 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

As said many times before Sky don't control the coverage. Host broadcaster in USA to blame.

Edit to add, apologies others have already made that point.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

As said many times before Sky don't control the coverage. Host broadcaster in USA to blame.

Said above. Not bothered who’s fault it is. The coverage has been terrible. Missed tonnes of key shots.