Golfers Thread

Gaz

Just now, peasy23 said:

Westwood has just played a couple of holes in the same way I played 15 and 16 at our monthly medal this morning. He at least managed to salvage a double bogey on both of his.

Yeah. I think the course set up looks spot on. Plenty of birdie chances if you keep your ball in play but some serious trouble if you land in the rough. 

8 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
26 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
A penny for Jack Senior's thoughts just now. 4 shots to get out of greenside rough. 

We've all got that particular t-shirt.

Fortunately not at the same cost as this could be for Senior. 

I hit an 86 for a nett 66 today, even though I managed to hit a 7 and a 9 on the 15th and 16th. Drove the ball brilliantly apart from those 2 holes, and rolled in some great putts including a monster for birdie on the 10th, then another 20 footer on 11 for another birdie. Should be a big cut as it will replace an NR round with a score differential of 23.

55 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
I hit an 86 for a nett 66 today, even though I managed to hit a 7 and a 9 on the 15th and 16th. Drove the ball brilliantly apart from those 2 holes, and rolled in some great putts including a monster for birdie on the 10th, then another 20 footer on 11 for another birdie. Should be a big cut as it will replace an NR round with a score differential of 23.

Great stuff.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Well done mate especially with the 2 big scores , I went round in 83/65 hitting a 7 on the 3rd par 4, some good scores out there today placed 3rd in my division must be around 15 under par

Yesterday's round has seen my WHS index cut from 18.9 to 17.6. Wee bit of pressure on next week now as my 20th score is one of my counting rounds with an adjusted gross of 88, so I'll have to equal or better that or it could be a short lived stint in division 2.

Yesterday's round has seen my WHS index cut from 18.9 to 17.6. Wee bit of pressure on next week now as my 20th score is one of my counting rounds with an adjusted gross of 88, so I'll have to equal or better that or it could be a short lived stint in division 2.

Good stuff.
Have to say now that I’ve got used to it I really like the new handicap system.

Good stuff.
Have to say now that I’ve got used to it I really like the new handicap system.
Was playing with a 7 handicapper yesterday who NR'd on the first hole. He said the biggest difference for him was that under the old system he wouldn't have bothered his arse for the rest of the round as he was going up 0.1 regardless of how he did over the other 17 holes. He had a decent round and when they stick him down for a 7 on the first in his adjusted gross it will be a 78, 7 over par and will likely be one of his best 8.

Matsuyama out of The Open after he tested positive for Covid and subsequent PCR tests have also been positive. Harold Varner III gets his spot, if he can be arsed travelling from Illinois after the John Deere finishes tonight.

Just checked after reading this and I'm cut to 15.6 seems to change after every medal I play

Was playing with a 7 handicapper yesterday who NR'd on the first hole. He said the biggest difference for him was that under the old system he wouldn't have bothered his arse for the rest of the round as he was going up 0.1 regardless of how he did over the other 17 holes. He had a decent round and when they stick him down for a 7 on the first in his adjusted gross it will be a 78, 7 over par and will likely be one of his best 8.

He was wrong in that assertion about the old system. You could still buffer or even get cut with a No Return in the old system too as scores were Stableford adjusted. His NR at the first would have counted as a nett double bogey for handicap purposes. Having a NR on card did not guarantee a 0.1 increase.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Matsuyama out of The Open after he tested positive for Covid and subsequent PCR tests have also been positive. Harold Varner III gets his spot, if he can be arsed travelling from Illinois after the John Deere finishes tonight.

Hv3 is already booked on the charter I believe.

Wolf also out and that lets Andy Sullivan in