Golfers Thread

Gaz

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't think the cut off date is just yet but he's probably going to need to pull a rabbit out of the hat very soon if he wants to get in. 

I had a check online and the cut off is this Monday, so he’s humped. 

Dustin Johnson just launching a drive straight towards the grandstand there, knowing the ball is going to gather underneath it and if he’s blocked out he will get a free line of sight drop. I don’t know how you would go about trying to avoid players being able to do that, but it’s not really in the spirit of the game. 

There’s been some drives this week that would have ended up 2 fairways away if it wasn’t for the grandstands. 

Dustin Johnson just launching a drive straight towards the grandstand there, knowing the ball is going to gather underneath it and if he’s blocked out he will get a free line of sight drop. I don’t know how you would go about trying to avoid players being able to do that, but it’s not really in the spirit of the game. 

There’s been some drives this week that would have ended up 2 fairways away if it wasn’t for the grandstands. 
They could do away with the grandstand, one of the LPGA events had an 18th hole that was similar and it was much better when the stand wasn't there due to Covid.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
21 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

They could do away with the grandstand, one of the LPGA events had an 18th hole that was similar and it was much better when the stand wasn't there due to Covid.

Could they do away with the grandstand at an event like this though. No disrespect to the woman, but I would imagine there will be money getting made from fans/sponsors etc. Maybe the players aren’t aiming for it and they’ve just sprayed their drive, but theres a certain par 4 where they can literally use the grandstand as a back stop and finish about 60 yards from the green. 

Could they do away with the grandstand at an event like this though. No disrespect to the woman, but I would imagine there will be money getting made from fans/sponsors etc. Maybe the players aren’t aiming for it and they’ve just sprayed their drive, but theres a certain par 4 where they can literally use the grandstand as a back stop and finish about 60 yards from the green. 
I'm 100% sure some players are aiming for it, it's a ludicrous set up. There's almost no way they can carry the water hitting driver and keep the ball close to the green without hitting the stand, especially if it's downwind.

Played at Turnberry today on the King Robert the Bruce course. Absolutely beautiful down in South Ayrshire today. I hadn't expected such a challenge... The course pumped me. Definitely need to get more time on links courses, forgot how different a game it is! IMG_20220326_182939_705.jpgIMG_20220326_182939_696.jpgIMG_20220326_182939_675.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Played at Turnberry today on the King Robert the Bruce course. Absolutely beautiful down in South Ayrshire today. I hadn't expected such a challenge... The course pumped me. Definitely need to get more time on links courses, forgot how different a game it is! 

Class. I’ve not played it myself but heard very good things about it. I’ve played the Ailsa and the full set up is brilliant. The sausage rolls from the lighthouse are worth the green fees alone.  

Don’t mean to go on like a broken record here but the coverage tonight has been a shambles. I’m following Ancer v Conners on the PGA app and Bet 365, and they are away playing the next hole before they show coverage of the shots from the previous one. 8 players to show and they’ve managed to miss large chunks of 3 out of the 4 matches. 

4 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

“Patrick Thistle” getting a mention there from McGinley. 

4 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

In what context?

4 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

He mentioned that he was a West Ham and Celtic fan before asking Coltart (?) if it was Patrick that he supported. 

Aye and the useless arse couldn’t even get that right as Coltart instantly told him he was a QOS fan. 

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The guy is claiming it wasn't a jibe at Bland but at the same time doing that stupid "lol sorry not sorry" act Americans find hilarious. Guy needs a slap in the puss.

Been out all morning and come in tofind out that Ewan Ferguson is out on his own at the top of the leaderboard  and just hit one down the middle of the 18th fairway.

Would be amazing if he won in what is really his first season and only a few weeks after he blew a substantial lead on the final day

2 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Been out all morning and come in tofind out that Ewan Ferguson is out on his own at the top of the leaderboard  and just hit one down the middle of the 18th fairway.

Would be amazing if he won in what is really his first season and only a few weeks after he blew a substantial lead on the final day

Yeah just come in and switched on. He was a few shots behind last time I looked. 

If he can get up and down for a birdie at the 18th that might be enough.