Golfers Thread

Gaz

23 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Did anyone see the drama between Berger, Hovland and Dahmen?

For both his playing partners to speak up says a lot I reckon. Got no sympathy for Berger after his and Koepka’s antics at the Ryder Cup. 

I was just about to post the same thing. Just watched the clip there. 

Yeah I also remembered Berger at the Ryder Cup when I was watching it. I can only conclude that he's a) a bit of a dick, and b) a probable cheat. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Did anyone see the drama between Berger, Hovland and Dahmen?

For both his playing partners to speak up says a lot I reckon. Got no sympathy for Berger after his and Koepka’s antics at the Ryder Cup. 

I think the silence of his caddie also speaks volumes - these guys usually know what's happened with a great deal of accuracy and you could clearly tell how uncomfortable he was with what Berger was trying to pull.

44 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

I think the silence of his caddie also speaks volumes - these guys usually know what's happened with a great deal of accuracy and you could clearly tell how uncomfortable he was with what Berger was trying to pull.

Surely a case for VAR in golf for the match referee to consult. 😂 

1 hour ago, funky_nomad said:

I felt the same watching it, you could see Hovland was really uncomfortable calling it out too. When Berger went straight to "I'll drop it here but you guys are wrong and it's a bad drop" rather than looking to discuss it said it all for me - bully tactics. Good on Hovland and Dahmen for standing their ground. 

41 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
5 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Stenson named Ryder Cup captain for Italy next year. 

I'm assuming he's at least told the European Tour that he won't be signing up for the Saudi league any time soon.

Think henrick is going down the Paul lawrie route of promoting local golf in Sweden if I remember correctly his family have moved there permanently and are selling up in Florida.I think he has no interest in it 

Cue Henrick being a founding member of the splitters tour 

Think henrick is going down the Paul lawrie route of promoting local golf in Sweden if I remember correctly his family have moved there permanently and are selling up in Florida.I think he has no interest in it 
All the reports I've read had Stenson, Poulter and Westwood as the 3 most high profile Europeans linked to the Saudi league.

**Fantasy Golf League Week 10**

20220314_224020.thumb.jpg.c11aaa4748cf8c46bce71ac75ad0c41f.jpg

golden boy

Cam Smith did the business at soggy Sawgrass, seeing off Lahiri and Casey as the big guns got washed away early doors, while there was a Spanish 1-2 in the South African sideshow.

Standings

Good week

A full 100 points ahead of the pack this week was @Tartan Dave with 280.

th02.png.083ca9981f76d972ce41dd58749246da.png

Bad week

Despite the double points on offer it was low scoring stuff. Everyone managed to get on the board, but around half the field only scored 20.

th04.png.c82fcc61306bc2768aaf16160993fa98.png

The Montgomerie 

@Slacker 1290

@funky_nomad 1000

@Distant Doonhamer 980

@IrishBhoy 950

@die hard doonhamer 920

@Central Belt Caley 910

The Torrance 

@Leeds Saint 1270

@kilMARKnock 1130

@peasy23 950

@lichtie23 770

@alta-pete 740

@Detective Jimmy McNulty 520

The Lyle 

@Day of the Lords 1700

@Tartan Dave 1550

@The Moonster 1150

@Caledonian1 1130

@MP_MFC 990

@true_rover 640

The Lawrie

@J_Stewart 1230

@St. Jude 1140

@Ro Sham Bo 1100

@jagfox OG 1080

@Honest_Man#1 850

@doulikefish 740

Just 3 weeks until the Masters.

Steyn_City_Golf_5-scaled.thumb.jpeg.5c10cf9f7252295a83f957f182086949.jpeg

The DP World Tour ends it's 3 week safari at The Club @ Steyn City, a Jack Nicklaus design just outside Jo'burg. Pretty much as you were from last week, altitude, plenty birdies and a pretty poor field.

8439121-pga-valspar-championship-first-round.thumb.jpeg.fe27c833429836adfba18d7b95d7c44b.jpeg

The last event of the 4 week Florida swing is at the most unFlorida like course Copperhead. Tree lined with elevation changes, it has more in common with courses in Georgia and the Carolinas. A pretty strong field too, barring any late WD's due to the Players over running. 

Sssssuperb.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

All the reports I've read had Stenson, Poulter and Westwood as the 3 most high profile Europeans linked to the Saudi league.

Westwood ? Surely need a guaranteed bottler 

The Saudi schedule has been announced

20220316_171740.thumb.jpg.52e37d4abee9ce0fb05f42aa2044d984.jpg
And now we'll see where the players real loyalties lie. All the big name Yanks have pledged their loyalties to the PGA Tour, but the older European players have said nothing. Westwood admitted he had signed an NDA.

Can see folk like Kokrak and Hoffman jumping ship, then it will get messy if the PGA ban them. A certainty to end up in the courts. Adam Scott another who might well go.

Bob confirmed as being in the field for the WGC Matchplay next week.

Edit: Bob also gets in to the Valero Texas Open, do his next 3 tourneys are the WGC Matchplay, the Valero, then the Masters.

Edited by peasy23

A guy has opened one of these indoor Trackman studios near me. During the bad weather me and a friend booked in for a hit into the screen. The guy who runs it was an ex-pro at 7 or 8 different courses in Scotland and England and was giving us a few pointers whilst we were in. I ended up booking a couple of lessons with him as he seemed to know his stuff, and I think for the first time in my golfing career I can say I have genuinely turned a corner. 

Using all the data that the trackman provides he was able to pinpoint a few things that I have been consistently doing wrong, mainly having the bottom of my swing arc too far behind the ball, especially with my irons. I’ve always heard the term ‘hitting down on the ball’, and it’s something that I’ve never truly understood until now. He gave me a couple swing thoughts to keep in my head and a pre shot routine that has me getting the feeling of the weight transferring from the back foot to the front. It probably won’t be evident in my scoring at the moment, but the quality of my ball striking from what it was is phenomenal. Played a 5 iron from the middle of the fairway this morning that was struck so sweetly I nearly had my trousers at my ankles. Unbelievable how enjoyable golf can be when it’s played well. 

Played in first competition of the new season yesterday. Been hitting the ball well recently. Lovely par down the first was a false dawn. Played dreadfully for a dismal 25 points. The day was complete when I hit a huge drive down 18 and then took 4 more shots to get down from 120 yards. Dreadful stuff. 

Sam Burns retained his Valspar title last night in a playoff with Davis Riley. Burns holed a monster putt at the second extra hole, after earlier sinking a big putt for bogey on the 17th. Riley carded an 8 on a par 5 and the map of his shots on the hole was a work of art. The graphic on the PGA app doesn't really do it justice as he played up the adjacent hole.

Burns has pulled out of the WGC Matchplay, the group draw takes place later today with Bob in pot 4 just like last year.

Screenshot_20220321-153805_PGA TOUR.jpg