Golfers Thread

Gaz

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fully expecting a dropped shot from Wyndham to met with same from Rory here, now that McGinley has said he reckons Rory only has to wear him out

McGinley is nothing more than a sock puppet. 

How many last group Sunday afternoon rounds has he experienced.? 

No, me neither........ 

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

McGinley is nothing more than a sock puppet. 

How many last group Sunday afternoon rounds has he experienced.? 

No, me neither........ 

But But... the 2002 Ryder Cup

3 minutes ago, Angus_Don said:

Quality ball striking week again from McIroy, but the short game/putting is just not good enough to win majors regularly. Hope he proves me wrong, but can't see it.

Strange thing is, McIlroy will know what it's like to keep chasing players at bay in a US Open, as his imperious display at Congressional in 2011 proved. 

Wyndham is doing a very professional job atm........... If only Rory could sink a putt....... 

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Strange thing is, McIlroy will know what it's like to keep chasing players at bay in a US Open, as his imperious display at Congressional in 2011 proved. 

Wyndham is doing a very professional job atm........... If only Rory could sink a putt....... 

I notice Clark and his caddie working together on the greens, i just wonder if a good green reading caddy would be of some assistance to McIroy as his putting is a clear weakness . Doesn't seem to get any help from Harry Diamond in that regard, but hey maybe thats the way he prefers it.

2 minutes ago, Angus_Don said:

I notice Clark and his caddie working together on the greens, i just wonder if a good green reading caddy would be of some assistance to McIroy as his putting is a clear weakness . Doesn't seem to get any help from Harry Diamond in that regard, but hey maybe thats the way he prefers it.

I think Harry Diamond is a long time friend of McIlroy's and it kind of begs the question of not 'mixing business and sentiment'. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What a shot. Clark leaving a kick in par from 132 yards. Looked like a hole that might let McIlroy sneak back in but no....

Yep...... Tremendous golf so far from Clark. 

ETA........ Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh!!!! 

Edited by Florentine_Pogen