Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Mikey Stewart out in the second last group hits a three under 68.

He might end up the only Scottish golfer still there at the weekend. Not a great day overall although you'd hope that one or two of Ramsay, Syme, MacIntyre and Ferguson manage to sneak in. 

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Henni is brutal, as is Dame Laura. I know that sounds incredibly sexist but it’s just my opinion that they are pish. Iona is decent enough and I quite like inci Mehmet. 

I quite like Dame Laura. Very knowledgeable and persistently calls out the shite behaviour of the likes of Hatton. 

Brilliant effort by Michael Stewart today. Finished at 3 under and had a 2 putt birdie on 18, the scene of so much carnage. 
Work to do for most of the Scots to make the cut. Sky were suggesting it’ll be 3 over but if scoring tomorrow is like today then 4 over might well make it. Cut is top 70 and ties. No 10 shot rule. 
60210E56-8F5F-4556-B01C-5DE402F95D2A.thumb.png.7d42843a265f3903d22c9daa9efa2799.png

9 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Surely one for the "magnificent names" thread, Hurly Long, German golfer, +1 after 17.

I like it. Sounds like the name of an Aussie surfer. Not Open related but I watched a wee bit of the Women’s Amateur Championship on Sky Sports a couple of weeks back and the runner up was called ‘Annabelle Pancake’, which is just fantastic.

Edited by ArabGaz

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Henni is brutal, as is Dame Laura. I know that sounds incredibly sexist but it’s just my opinion that they are pish. Iona is decent enough and I quite like inci Mehmet. 

I don’t mind Henni but Laura Davies is the worst of the lot. She has been extra pish these last couple of weeks and comes across as a total dinosaur. 

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Scotscraig was in tremendous condition, greens maybe a bit softer than I expected, but still fucking rapid. Needed a bogey-par finish for a 79, so went for the more impressive double bogey-birdie finish instead

That’s a fine finish 👍

Glad you enjoyed it. The greens are better than they’ve been for years. After all the recent rain they’re softer and  a wee bit slower than a few weeks back but they’re running superbly. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Brilliant effort by Michael Stewart today. Finished at 3 under and had a 2 putt birdie on 18, the scene of so much carnage. 
Work to do for most of the Scots to make the cut. Sky were suggesting it’ll be 3 over but if scoring tomorrow is like today then 4 over might well make it. Cut is top 70 and ties. No 10 shot rule. 
60210E56-8F5F-4556-B01C-5DE402F95D2A.thumb.png.7d42843a265f3903d22c9daa9efa2799.png

It's a fantastic effort by Mikey Stewart after a bogey-bogey start.

Paul Lawrie says he'll be at Troon next year. 

https://twitter.com/PaulLawriegolf/status/1682045247524687872?t=27mroMujNZ-fGiMdH9EaPw&s=19

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Hong Kong's Taichi Kho made it to the greenside bunker on 18 in 2. From there it didn't go well, including 3 to get out, then chipped it straight back in again. Ended with a 10.

Screenshot_20230720_235209_The Open.jpg

He was -1 for the back 9 until then as well... 

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Hong Kong's Taichi Kho made it to the greenside bunker on 18 in 2. From there it didn't go well, including 3 to get out, then chipped it straight back in again. Ended with a 10.

Screenshot_20230720_235209_The Open.jpg

Superb. The chipping back into the bunker makes the story even better. Poor fellow 😂

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Superb. The chipping back into the bunker makes the story even better. Poor fellow 😂

Watching JT chip from 1 bunker into another on his way to an 8 (ir was it a 9?) On the last was also heartbreaking*

*fucking brilliant