Golfers Thread

Gaz

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Green invasion reminiscent of cvnty Yanks at 1999 Ryder Cup when Leonard sank a tramliner and Olly was still to putt.

Nah, that invasion was when the opponent still had a putt to halve the hole and his line was trampled. Not the same as holding up the last match on the tee. 

The one downside for me was the quality, or lack of, in today's TV output, especially around the 1st tee. It was reminiscent of a rowdy school disco and the amount of golf that was omitted from 2nd tee onwards was criminal.

Also, the quality of a lot of camerawork was shoddy to say the the least - unable to track balls in flight, camera staying on player immediately after they hit a shot etc.

If all this nonsense was replicated next week, there would be a riot. The blazers who were responsible for today's car crash need a good kick up the arse.

Only my opinion of course..................

How involved do we think Bob will be on the first two days? Would like to see him out on the Friday morning but can’t see him playing both sessions on any of the days.

Watched a couple of videos from Marco Simone on YouTube, the rough looks absolutely brutal, and you only need to go 20 yards off line to end up in grass up to your chest. Looks like an interesting course where you need to be tactical off the tee, hopefully it lends to a brilliant 3 days of golf. I finish work at 12 on Friday and I won’t be budging from in front of the TV until Sunday night. 

28 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

How involved do we think Bob will be on the first two days? Would like to see him out on the Friday morning but can’t see him playing both sessions on any of the days.

They’ve mixed it up this year so we’re starting with the foursomes on Fri instead of the usual four ball so I doubt very much we’ll see him until Fri afternoon at the very earliest.

Not sure what the rest of you guys think but i reckon he’ll get a four ball slot on the Friday then we maybe wont seem him again until the singles. Hope i’m wrong though as I think with a steady partner he could be a very useful asset.

In terms of the Friday morning I’m going to guess at the following for the European pairings:

McIlroy & Hovland

Fitzpatrick & Rose

Fleetwood & Hatton

Rahm & Lowry

Edited by ArabGaz

Rahm is hard one to pair in foursomes due to him being the only user of the Callaway ball unless of course his partner agrees to using it or rahmbo uses his partners but they tend to stick same golf ball users together 

Edited by doulikefish

32 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Rahm is hard one to pair in foursomes due to him being the only user of the Callaway ball unless of course his partner agrees to using it or rahmbo uses his partners but they tend to stick same golf ball users together 

If I can use a Srixon Soft Feel on the 1st hole and a Titleist DT Solo on the 2nd without any noticeable difference to the standard of my game then I’m sure the professionals can do it. 

Kidding aside I wonder how much of a difference the ball would actually make to guys at that level. Probably comes more down to familiarity than the actual ball itself. Rahm plays the Chrome Soft X and I assume most of the others play Pro V1s. Fleetwood plays the TP5x actually but you would think guys of that standard could adapt to any ball.