Darts...

Sideshow

Unlucky.Anyone on here win a game ?

Aye, got a bye when the first guy never turned up, then two 3 nil wins before crashing out in the board semi. Played really well, best I've played in the Scottish ever. Some cracking players out there today.

Unlucky.Anyone on here win a game ?

I won a leg...

My first round opponent didn't turn up; I hung around another 3 hours before losing 3-1 in the second round. Nearly took out 100 to go 2-1 up, but missed two darts at the double. Then nearly took out a career best 137 for 2-2 but missed double 10; he then goes treble top, double top, game shot and match. Pretty pleased with the way I played, but after the big long wait it was all over so fast. I think Ted Hankey went out at the same stage, so I finish level with him. :)

Players Championship (Derby)

Fourth Round

Mervyn King 6-0 Michael Mansell

Scott Rand 6-4 Magnus Caris

Mark Walsh 6-5 Andy Smith

Brendan Dolan 6-3 Dennis Priestley

Wes Newton 6-4 Kevin McDine

Dave Chisnall 6-4 James Wade

John Part 6-0 Richie Burnett

Jamie Caven 6-4 Alan Tabern

Quarter-Finals

Mervyn King 6-3 Scott Rand

Mark Walsh 6-1 Brendan Dolan

Wes Newton 6-4 Dave Chisnall

John Part 6-2 Jamie Caven

Semi-Finals

Mark Walsh 6-5 Mervyn King

John Part 6-2 Wes Newton

Final

John Part 6-0 Mark Walsh

When I get a good grouping, one of my flights often flies off. How do you stop this ??

get new shafts.

Yes, just put a new stem on the dart where the flight comes off, it just means the spliced ends of the shaft is'nt holding the flight tight enough.

Don't waste your time with the shaft rings, all they do is give a bigger area to deflect incoming darts if you are accurate enough be close to the barrel.

You can also get side loading shafts where you feed the flight in through it, but personally i don't like these either just stick to what you normally use.

Mind you it's a good sign if you are playing well enough for this to happen quite a lot!

Edited by northernscum

Powerful performance again by Anderson, he really is looking like one of the top 2-3 in the world, hardly ever throwing below 100+averages any more!

He can even get away with a couple of dodgy double visits, which used to be his downfall not so long ago.

Edited by northernscum

Anderson never looked like losing that.Thats been the difference after he got to the world final,Usualy he would of missed a couple of doubles and give webster a couple of legs.He has to win a tv event this year.

Webster was poor to be fair.