Darts...

Sideshow

She really is awful. Woman's darts should not be on TV.

There is no excuse for a woman not to be decent at darts and not being able to count into the bargain is just unforgiveable. Why should they get away with stick because they are woman?

They are utter shite.

Sorry to state the obvious but the BDO is an absolute dead duck - a truly awful spectacle which is pretty disengaging for folk who haven't really watched darts before. A lot of people ridicule others who watch darts, the usual "it's not a sport" argument often being rolled out, but these folk have usually never witnessed a great match which is invariably on the PDC circuit. The quality has diminished considerably in recent years and it should really be put to bed; nobody wants to see that c*nt Adams on their television screen.

A pretty pathetic display from O'shea there.Dicked 3-0 (9-0) in legs by adams.Averaging 75ish.

Probably still thinking about his shite display in the final last year.

He'll be back next year to drink 15 bottles of bud, walk out to DJ Otzi and be called the unluckiest player in darts, throwing jobber averages win or lose.

I think its fair to say Bunting is in the top ten dart players in both codes right now.

Big scorer and deadly finishing.The real deal.

Nah. Top 20 probably. Better than the likes of Mervin King, Ian White or Andy Hamilton? No chance.

Just reading about the women's first round - 1 average above 70, 1 180 across the 5 games so far and 4 finishes over 100. Absolute pish.

Nah. Top 20 probably. Better than the likes of Mervin King, Ian White or Andy Hamilton? No chance.

I would say that's a fair enough assessment. Of course, if he was playing the Pro Tour each week, then he may improve as a player from that.

Perhaps the biggest indicator of the BDO's decline is that I could hypothetically see any of the PDC's 20-32 ranked players having a decent opportunity to win it.

Mark Barilli doing Q School as well as Meukenkamp who got put out Lakeside the other day.

5-6 days to go I would expect another feW BRO names before then as and when they get put out.

4 semi finalists still get offered carss as well be interesting to see if Bunting goes as he will sail through this tournament and should win it.

I reckon Norris and Wilson will go as well two decent players who could do well in PDC.

Think Bunting would get into the top 16 after a couple of years in the PDC. Looked pretty deadly at times but he doesn't have much competition.

BDO seem to be utterly oblivious of their standing in the world of darts:

THE BRITISH DARTS ORGANISATION (BDO) is recognised globally as the world’s leading darts organisation

:lol:

Now that was a quality game of darts.

Wilson with a 96 average, Kist with a healthy 95. It's legitimately a shame that one had to lose, as both performed better than anyone else so far.

Going on the evidence of the first round, James Wilson is the man to beat.

Struggled to watch a lot of this since the weekend. Seen a bit of the Meaney v Montgomery game. Shame Meaney was too much of a jobber to send that tadger Ross out. The Michael Van Meaney chants were clearly pissing him off which made me only want him to lose even more than usual. In true Lakeside outdated fashion, the crowd were told to shut up. Also seen a wee bit of Eccles v Fitton. State of Fitton now, looks like a pot bellied jakey and hes totally finished. Him and his brother Tony should have made the jump 10 years ago, f**k all to show for what they've done. The pair of them just look pathetic now and Fitton from what I read is starting to get more involved with the politics and not for the better. He slagged off Eccles last year when he lost in the 1st round in the players bar saying he was glad he lost because was ex PDC! Even though Fitton has played the Grand Slam loads of times and even played a couple of tournaments in the late 90s.

Wilson v Kist is the first good match I've seen at Lakeside for 2 or 3 years, probably since Hankeygate. Everything else was tripe. Standard, excitement, atmosphere. Looks like a miners club to me. The mhanky old chandeliers, the players room which is a glorified pub and those old geezers in the blazers trying to hold the chavvy looking crowd back. Totally mickey mouse. Its fucking grim when perennial jobbers like Davey Prins and Scotty Mitchell are in the second round of a "World Championship".

The BDO seem to be blackmailing their players again too. Rumour Sue Williams the Chairman threatened to resign if Waites didn't sign a contract to play this new World Trophy! Even a rumour going around that if players don't sign by midnight they can't play the circuit next year in an e-mail sent this morning! Bunch of twats.

Oh and heres a funny pic I saw on another forum.

20140105_162246.jpg