Darts...

Sideshow

Will say though it's a much better crowd, generous applause for scores of 100 upwards, no Toure or boring tables shite.

It's the one thing that Lakeside does far better than Ally Pally. The crowd are genuinely interested in the darts rather than getting pished and having a sing song. So what if the quality isn't PDC levels? It is what it is and a lot of people seem to forget that all the big names have come through here.

Watching the lakeside darts, this is utter pish.

Standard barring a few players is poor in comparison with the PDC. The PDC market and show the event far better than the BDO too. You might see an improvement once BT get their way with it.

Edited by SteveThePirate

I honestly can't understand why people expect the standard to be the same. It's like going to a Vanarama Conference match and expecting to see top class internationals playing. The best players, barring a few shitebags (yes Martin, we are looking at you), follow the money to the PDC.

I honestly can't understand why people expect the standard to be the same. It's like going to a Vanarama Conference match and expecting to see top class internationals playing. The best players, barring a few shitebags (yes Martin, we are looking at you), follow the money to the PDC.

To be fair, he's always been a/the big fish in a small pond, and he still gets a fair whack for winning the BDO tournaments. Maybe he wasn't willing to give up being top man to move into potential relative obscurity.

To be fair, he's always been a/the big fish in a small pond, and he still gets a fair whack for winning the BDO tournaments. Maybe he wasn't willing to give up being top man to move into potential relative obscurity.

He's certainly made a decent enough living staying in the BDO, not to mention that he will make a good few quid on personal appearances. I can't really blame him for not moving tbh, there might be better money on offer in the PDC but you are competing against better fields every week. I remember Scott Waites saying he was happy enough to stay there playing part time as he enjoyed it and didn't fancy playing under the pressure of having to make a living solely from darts.

He's certainly made a decent enough living staying in the BDO, not to mention that he will make a good few quid on personal appearances. I can't really blame him for not moving tbh, there might be better money on offer in the PDC but you are competing against better fields every week. I remember Scott Waites saying he was happy enough to stay there playing part time as he enjoyed it and didn't fancy playing under the pressure of having to make a living solely from darts.

That's it, some people don't fancy the pressure of being away from home constantly, and not being able to spend as much time with their family etc. There's no doubt it would've been interesting to see how he faired, he's a good player, but if I'm being honest I think he'd have struggled playing against the likes of Taylor, MVG, Ando and Lewis every week.