Darts...

Sideshow

Barney isn't even playing the circuit I don't know how he is going to get to a level that is going to be good enough to have any sort of impression on the PL or any other major for that matter.

He keeps changing his darts which isn't a good sign and points towards a man in complete disarray.

Barney isn't even playing the circuit I don't know how he is going to get to a level that is going to be good enough to have any sort of impression on the PL or any other major for that matter.

He keeps changing his darts which isn't a good sign and points towards a man in complete disarray.

He just seems like he's sick of the game. It's not nice to watch as he was the main man that got me interested in darts with that final victory over Taylor.

If he's sick of it then he should pack it in or at least take a sustained break from the game. I'm sick of watching his head going down as soon as the opponent goes in front.

Even at 2-0 up his body language was shocking and like you say he just looks completely out of love with the game and has done for a long period of time now.

His plight from greatness just makes me respect Taylor even more as he has been at the top of the ladder for 20 years now and still looks like he has the appetite and love for the game to go another 20. I dislike Taylor the person but as a sportsman he is a god amongst men.

I saw bits and bobs of the darts the other night - dunno if I was imagining it, but I'm sure there was a, for want of a better phrase, "stage invasion" during the Van Barneveld-Taylor match.

Dunno if it's something seen regularly now or not, but I'd imagine it'll become more and more commonplace what with the dregs of society that Hearn seems to want through the door. It is a waste of time the match referee saying best of order, because it almost never happens.

Edited by mozam76

Ronnie Baxter, Adrian Lewis, James Wade, Mervyn King, Robert Thornton, Michael van Gerwen, John Part, Andy Hamilton and Mark Webster ALL lost at the 3rd Round stage today leaving us with this lot:

Fourth Round

Vincent van der Voort 6-4 Mark Walsh

Mark Dudbridge 6-5 Carlos Rodriguez

Kevin Painter 6-5 Peter Hudson

Co Stompe 6-2 Gary Anderson

Colin Osborne 6-5 Richie Burnett

Jamie Caven 6-2 Darren Johnson

Wayne Jones 6-2 Wes Newton

Colin Lloyd 6-4 Matt Clark

Quarter Finals

Vincent van der Voort 6-3 Mark Dudbridge

Kevin Painter 6-2 Co Stompe

Jamie Caven 6-4 Colin Osborne

Wayne Jones 6-5 Colin Lloyd

Semi Finals

Vincent van der Voort 6-5 Kevin Painter

Wayne Jones 6-3 Jamie Caven

Final

Vincent van der Voort 6-2 Wayne Jones

Congratulations to big Vinny who picked up his first victory on the Pro Tour.

Edited by The Naitch

BIG VINNY~~~!!! :D :D :D

Co Stompe has had a good last few tournaments and Jamie Caven is solid as a rock so far. Richie Burnett and Darren Johnson have been getting to more last 16s these days too. Interesting times.

BIG VINNY~~~!!! :D :D :D

Co Stompe has had a good last few tournaments and Jamie Caven is solid as a rock so far. Richie Burnett and Darren Johnson have been getting to more last 16s these days too. Interesting times.

Yep, that's his third last 16 spot this year so far - good to see the Prince of Wales getting some form together. With any luck we'll see him at a couple of the majors later in the season.

Ronnie Baxter, Adrian Lewis, James Wade, Mervyn King, Robert Thornton, Michael van Gerwen, John Part, Andy Hamilton and Mark Webster ALL lost at the 3rd Round stage today

Not to mention "The Heat" by the looks of things...

Won't be looking as smug as he does in yer Avatar will he ? ;)

John Part getting mauled isn't really a shock anymore.

True, but he did beat Jelle Klaasen in the 2nd round.

As for Ovens, he didn't travel.

I suspected as much when he didn't feature in the latter stages.

Taylor, Barney and Terry Jenkins were the other big names not to travel. Denis Ovens would have ripped that field apart had he went over to Germany.

Ovens has been solid as a rock this year. He seemed to be losing his way a bit on the floor at times last year, but a couple of good major performances seem to have gotten the confidence up. If that guy could play for a lengthy match he'd be a real real danger.