Darts...

Sideshow

The promos for the Worlds are class !

The ones with Bristow are ace, but the Taylor ones they used last year are shite. Just something for Sid to chug over.

Cracking 160 from Webster there, would love to see this go all the way!

The promos for the Worlds are class !

Indeed they are .. it won't be long before they're digging out the flashback clips of Part vs Taylor from '03, Taylor vs Painter from '04 and the glorious '07 final between Barney and Taylor. Happy days .. I wish the Worlds were still at the Circus Tavern.

Indeed they are .. it won't be long before they're digging out the flashback clips of Part vs Taylor from '03, Taylor vs Painter from '04 and the glorious '07 final between Barney and Taylor. Happy days .. I wish the Worlds were still at the Circus Tavern.

This. The Ally Pally is a cavernous, soulless money maker.

130 now from Webster :D

Been very pleasantly surprised by this event, I've really enjoyed it! The passion, comradery and general quality of the darts has been a joy to watch! Really has set us up for the World Championship, but that is not taking away from this event, and hopefully this will become a permanent fixture in the year.

I've really warmed towards Barneveld's chances at Ally Pally now, you can see how much that meant to him, and that will have brought back some of the hunger back in his game that might just give him that edge come the Worlds.

And what about Mark Webster? A great performance this week, and would be a good bed to do at least what he did last January.

On another thought, that reflection on Taylor, Barney in 07 really made me think about how great a venue the Circus Tavern was for the Worlds. Just a shame that it's not there anymore!

Bring on the World Championship!

The tournament was helped immensely by the English going out when they did. It has now become a longer conversation than:

"Did you see the Darts World Cup last week?"

"No, who won?"

"Phil Taylor and James Wade"

"Surprise Surprise"

End of conversation.

I enjoyed it immensely. Hope one of the Spaniards makes an individual splash soon.