Darts...

Sideshow

That was the passing of the guard MVG is untouchable at the minute. Could he go Grand Prix, Slam, Players Champs, Worlds?

BUZZING!!!!

He is untouchable, and that's what I think affected Taylor. The Perv threw his best game for quite a while now, and it didn't come close in the end to Michael. Van Gerwen had an extra gear that Taylor couldn't match. For someone with the nature of Taylor, I think that's a pretty difficult thing to handle. The feeling of: "this guy might just be better than me" has never happened to him before. Priestley, Part, van Barneveld have all had their moments in the past, but none of them have had this effect on Taylor. (Barney being the closest to doing so).

Van Gerwen has brushed aside a strong Phil Taylor performance, and I think, at long last, we've finally seen a passing of the torch moment. After his early promise, Michael had his lean years, understandably so, it happens. But he's eradicated all of the doubts that he may have had, and knocked down all of the obstacles. Dominating on the Pro Tour? Check. Winning a TV Major? Check. And the final one, which has been there for a while, beating Phil Taylor on the big stage again. Check.

It's Mighty Mike's time, and I so hope he goes on to win, not just this week, but the World Championship.

Steak for dinner tomorrow!

Enjoy! £2 though? You've got to have more faith!

Img214432815.jpg

It has felt for a while that Taylor's dominance was beginning to wane, but, until now, no one has consistently taken advantage of it. Coming into the match tonight, it did feel like a significant moment, not just for the potential classic encounter, but for the iconic moment that may have defined the start of a new era in professional darts.

It does feel like a passing of the torch moment, and I think everyone in the arena also felt that. Bruce Spendley, the referee, applauding Michael after the game highlighting the potential enormity of , not just the result, but the nature of the performance.

I've never liked Taylor, but have respected his incredible ability and consistency. I've got a feeling I'm going to enjoy the inevitable Michael van Gerwen era a little more!

i have always detested Taylor, tonight he proved how much of a tosser he is, cant handle getting beaten by a kid so spat the dummy, mvg did notihng wrong apart from ripping him a new asshole, taylor was far from gracious in defeat, wish he,d do us a favour and retire after world championships, iam sick of the commentators worshippinh him so much.

on another point i notice the world championships start on 14th dec, isnt this a bit early? thought they usually started 3-4 days before christmas and finishes at new year?

i have always detested Taylor, tonight he proved how much of a tosser he is, cant handle getting beaten by a kid so spat the dummy, mvg did notihng wrong apart from ripping him a new asshole, taylor was far from gracious in defeat, wish he'd do us a favour and retire after world championships, iam sick of the commentators worshippinh him so much.

on another point i notice the world championships start on 14th dec, isnt this a bit early? thought they usually started 3-4 days before christmas and finishes at new year?

It's been that way pretty much since it expanded to 64 (or more, depending on the Prelim rounds).

Edited by The Naitch