Darts...

Sideshow

Most of you will have probably have watched this, but for those who haven't classic arrows from the BBC

edited - the link is for the Taylor v Gregory 1992 final, however there are plenty more to watch including Paul Lim's 9 darter in 1990

Edited by keyser_soze

What a fucking disgrace the lakeside is.

Shocking week of darts, Waites was up against this pile of dog shit, total fucking jobbers, capped off with the eternal bridesmaid o'shea

De Weil 80.88

De Vos 81.39

Jennings 85.10

George 83.49

O'Shea 81.90

No one and I mean no can compare the PDC and the BDO, baffles me how people clutch at straws and try and sugar coat the BDO bollocks. Look forward to the latest exodus this week.

It was also the lowest average and the first sub-90 average by a winner in 19 years, since Part horsed Bobby George 6-0 in 1994. Although I remember watching that game as a kid and thinking Part was outstanding huh.gif

Different times. Having tried to play a game against my brother today, a high 80's average seems incredible. However, sport changes and people get better. Can you imagine if someone ran a separate athletic event opposite the Olympics and a guy won the 100m in 11s? It would be very fast but it would be nowhere close to the very top standard.

Calling Scott Waites a "World Champion" seems daft but you can only beat the guy in front of you.

Different times. Having tried to play a game against my brother today, a high 80's average seems incredible. However, sport changes and people get better. Can you imagine if someone ran a separate athletic event opposite the Olympics and a guy won the 100m in 11s? It would be very fast but it would be nowhere close to the very top standard.

Calling Scott Waites a "World Champion" seems daft but you can only beat the guy in front of you.

Not sure what you're getting at- in 10 of the previous 11 finals from 1983-1994 only one winner had a sub 90 average. The 1994 final was anomalously poor but because Part horsed George it probably looked as if he was playing well- maybe if I watched it now then it would be a different story.

What a fucking disgrace the lakeside is.

Shocking week of darts, Waites was up against this pile of dog shit, total fucking jobbers, capped off with the eternal bridesmaid o'shea

De Weil 80.88

De Vos 81.39

Jennings 85.10

George 83.49

O'Shea 81.90

No one and I mean no can compare the PDC and the BDO, baffles me how people clutch at straws and try and sugar coat the BDO bollocks. Look forward to the latest exodus this week.

Has anyone tried to do so anytime recently? Clearly with all the money, sponsorship and exposure anyone who is any good these days is going to head to the PDC very quickly. When the PDC started, despite the publicity, Taylor apart, there really wasn't that much difference between the two over the piece but that situation is long gone now as anyone with any quality has deserted the BDO as soon as they got the chance.

The final was a huge disappointment. Saddest thing about it is how happy O'Shea seemed to be celebrating with his wee trophy and 30k cheque.

Would certainly be intersting if Anastasia played in the mens BDO, she would probably get to the semi's if not the final

Sorry if this has been asked before but whats the best make of board to get at the moment? Wee brother got a Phil Taylor board n cabinet for his christmas but its fucked already. Bubbled up and bristles showing through already. Been turned 3 or 4 times as well. Add to that the wire is all bashed and bounce outs are fecking ridiculously frequent. Was thinking about a winmau blade 4? These any good?

Yes i would get a blade 4.Had one for about a year and it is still pretty much mint condition,only bought a new one for the sake of it.

I play about 2 hours or less a day and turn it every week.

20 quid out of argos,will last you a year or longer.