Darts...

Sideshow

What did he do?

I didn't think he was too bad post match he certainly gave massive credit to the 132.

He's a walloper of epic proportions so this side of him will always shine through!

"Don't play mind games with the master" - there's yer fucking mind games! There's yer dinner!

I loved that, what a match. I thought at 5-2 it was going to end up being a fairly dull 10-5 or 10-6 but it ended up being. The 132 to win it has to be one of my all time favourite finishes, that bull was sexy as f**k to win it.

European Darts Open, tomorrow, streamed on pdc.tv

First Round
Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm)
Main Stage
Dave Chisnall v Chris Aubrey
Wes Newton v Mareno Michels
Kim Huybrechts v Steve Maish
Paul Nicholson v Stephen Hardy
Terry Jenkins v Mark Jones
Gary Anderson v Shaun Griffiths
Mervyn King v Prakash Jiwa
Kevin Painter v David Pallett

Stage Two
Wayne Jones v Bobby Biemans
Ian White v Kevin Dowling
Brendan Dolan v Jelle Klaasen
Mark Webster v Darren Johnson
Colin Lloyd v Andy Parsons
Andy Smith v Mark Cox
John Part v Jerry Hendriks
Jamie Caven v Paul Amos

Evening Session (7pm-12am)
Main Stage
Robert Thornton v Kurt van de Rijk
Andy Hamilton v Mensur Suljovic
Adrian Lewis v Keith Stephen
Justin Pipe v Max Hopp
Richie Burnett v Steve Beaton
Phil Taylor v Matt Clark
James Wade v Jyhan Artut
Michael van Gerwen v Andree Welge
Simon Whitlock v Tomas Seyler
Raymond van Barneveld v Adam Hunt

Stage Two
Arron Monk v Kevin McDine
Mark Walsh v Alex Roy
Peter Wright v Ronny Huybrechts
Colin Osborne v Terry Temple
Ronnie Baxter v Maik Langendorf
Stuart Kellett v Dennis Smith

Edited by Jobber

That was one of the best darts matches I've ever seen. MvG has proven he can beat Taylor, even when Taylor is at his very best. All four players played some great stuff throughout the tournament but these two look just a class above at the moment. Great rivalry.

Taylor in his interview said he was wanting to take it to a final leg decider, as MVG would not have had the bottle. It wasn't ridiculously out of order or anything, but still classless. There's certain things you don't say in an interview in front if the crowd after a final. That goes for all sport.

Been watching this, poor standard, maybe due to being outside. Newton started off like a train against MVG but big moonheid came back and beat him which was the only decent match.

Phil the perv unhappy about shouts from the crowd when he's not playing well, shocker. Currently 7-7 with Hamilton in the last game of the day.

total amateur hour from Eurosport, everything from not knowing when the players were going off for a break to cutting to the ads in the middle of a leg.

eta: Hamilton wins 10-8, Taylor with a face like he's just come home to find "BEAST" painted on his front door.

Edited by Fuctifano

Best darts event for betting starts on Thursday in the UK Open. No absolute jobbers this year unfortunately but should still be plenty opportunities to make some money. Best odds here: http://www.oddschecker.com/darts/uk-open

What's the format, first to 4 or 6 legs in the first round? I can mind it being very short. Kong's value against Wade if it's that short.

Provisionally I like the look of Osborne, Hubbard, Farmer, Steve Brown, Stompe and Heydon at those odds.

Should say that's to win their matches, not as bets to win the whole thing.

Edited by Marshmallo

Everyone that is at the UK Open can play darts to a decent standard to get there so without the diddies of previous years there is really no value out there in the early rounds where I am sure it is first to 4 in the 1st round.

Probably just have a few outsiders for interest. Klaasen is about 200/1 and is back playing some really good darts of late.

Could have got the same for Caven over a week ago but he has obviously been well backed since then down to about 60's or something on the back of his two Pro Tour wins.