Nevermind The Buzzcocks

Juan Sara

I hate Phil Jupitus. He's really not funny at all, and unless there's a funny comedian on his team, his team are horrible viewing.

His "comedy" on Buzzcocks consists of him saying things like "Okey-dokeyyyyy" and "That's the point of the round!!!!" in a loud voice whenever someone on his team says something daft and the studio audience (or canned laughter) seems to find it hilarious.

Everybody outraged at the treatment of Andrew Sachs by Brand and Ross seem to have forgotten that Sachs himself came out and said (before they were suspended/resigned) they've apologised and have been punished enough.

People being outraged for outraged sakes and totally discarding the victim's stance on the issue.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night's episode was God-awful - James Cordon was the only reason I watched the whole show. The bloke from Glasvegas was an absolute cock. This was summed up by the fact that he wore sunglasses inside. P***k of the highest order.

Without Bill Bailey, this show is going down the crapper. :(

EDIT: Couple of idiotic mistakes. <_<

Amstell was the only thing keeping this show going ( espescially after Bill Bailey left :()and even now he's nowhere near as funny as he was. It was going to go downhill as soon as they started booking their guests by who NME say is ' cool ', because to be on that ' cool ' list it comes with the territory that you have to be a pretencious w****r.

it says it all that Germaine Greer was the funniest person on the show last night. The only good guests are the ones that Amstell makes fun of, and are up for getting the piss took out of them.

Keep the guestlists at comedians and failing celebrities, rather than the drummer from the woo woo tingly bits or whatever that most people haven't heard of yet they think they are inspiring a new generation of music or something.

I was kind of hoping though that Amstell would push the Glasvegas boy too far over the whole Daddy's Gone business and that Amstell would be slapped. :(

what the hell was him saying 'its none of your business' all about :s

I no longer enjoy the show, used to enjoy it with Mark Lamarr hosting and Sean Hughes was a captain. I just find it totally unfunny now, yet I keep watching it in the hope it will get better.

A bit like following the Rovers, I suppose...

To be fair to the guy, he wrote a song.. if it was or wasn't about his Old Yin walkin out on him (which it evidently is) has absolutely nothing to do with Amstell, the producers or even the rest of NME ar$es that think this guy is 'cool'.

He should of slapped Amstell about and be done with it..Then went back in time to last weeks episode got a hold of Fanny Dyer and slapped him about also. Now THAT'S entertainment!

Should have, not of. Sorry but that's an increasing bugbear of mine.

I think it's a bit rich for a singer to print his lyrics in the inside cover of his album and then take the huff on a light entertainment comedy panel game when somebody asks about one of his songs. But that's only to be expected, as the guy is in serious need of someone to say no.

Actually what would have been better would have been Amstell telling the sunglass wearing nob to f**k off, as would have been his right.

Can't believe some of these comments actually. Thought it was the best episode of a somewhat poor series so far. James Corden and Germaine Greer were fantastic. Gabriella Cilmi was there to laugh at most probably as she was thicker than shit. Agree that James Allan was particularly poor on the show (though that's probably because I expected more from him) and the Canadian guy said next to nothing.

Should have, not of. Sorry but that's an increasing bugbear of mine.

I think it's a bit rich for a singer to print his lyrics in the inside cover of his album and then take the huff on a light entertainment comedy panel game when somebody asks about one of his songs. But that's only to be expected, as the guy is in serious need of someone to say no.

Actually what would have been better would have been Amstell telling the sunglass wearing nob to f**k off, as would have been his right.

Couldn't agree me - he put it in the public domain so of course people are going to ask him about it. He was a tedious p***k.

Do people actually find that fat c**t Corden funny? He's a p***k - the thing he did on the Amnesty Show was abysmal.

Couldn't agree me - he put it in the public domain so of course people are going to ask him about it. He was a tedious p***k.

Do people actually find that fat c**t Corden funny? He's a p***k - the thing he did on the Amnesty Show was abysmal.

I thought he was very good on NMTB the other night. He is funny.

Archived