Rugby Union

kiwififer

As it's only a friendly I don't know about watching this live or not.  Especially if it's a nice day.

However, it'll remain on demand on the Warriors YouTube channel so I'll catch it at some point over the w/e no doubt.

I'd imagine our 2nd friendly away to Gloucester a week on Fri will be likewise...

I'd be surprised if the tickets sell quickly for this, £15 for a preseason game seems quite expensive esp when you can get tickets for Scotland v Georgia for the same price, I know teams need to charge to cover costs but we went to the friendly last year against the Army at it was a waste of a Friday night .

23 hours ago, come on shire said:

As it's only a friendly I don't know about watching this live or not.  Especially if it's a nice day.

However, it'll remain on demand on the Warriors YouTube channel so I'll catch it at some point over the w/e no doubt.

I'd imagine our 2nd friendly away to Gloucester a week on Fri will be likewise...

This is the only one according to the website.   Might change nearer the time, I suppose.

Im assuming that Cotter must have something lined up for next summer, either that or the rabbit skinning hasn't gone down to well with the SRU.

I thought it smackd of Jobs for the boys when he took over at Glasgow (after Lineen was forced out to make room) as when he was Scotland backs coach we played some of the worst rugby I can remember and couldn't score tries, but he has been a revelation at Glasgow. I thought the team couldn't improve on where Lineen had taken them, but I was wrong. Might have been the case of SRU offering him the job before a big club down south, or in France came knocking.

Dissapointing to see Cotter go as I think he has been excellent and exactly what was needed, but also hopeful Townsend can move us on. Be interesting to see who Glasgow get in, whether its a local or we get someone from the southern hemisphere?

Like previous poster said wasn't sure about toony being parachuted into Glasgow but he's done a superb job. I know cotter has a great cv but I don't think he gets the best out of our players. We probably have our most exciting crop of players in 25 years but it still looks like gt gets better performances from the individuals. Don't see gt being as forgiving over continual poor performances eg Ross ford still not being able to hook or throw but always gets picked. Toony was happy to drop hogg a couple of years back when his attitude was off. I'd hope that when cotter goes soundbite Johnson and johnathan humphries are away too....pair of wage thiefs.

predicted this appointment a few years back and was ridiculed by my rugby friends [emoji20]

I hoped for it but thought one of the English or French clubs would jump in. Hopefully gt can clear out dead wood coaches n introduce the sort of winning attitude that and ambition he has fostered at warriors

As a Warriors fan, it was the worst kept secret that Toony was being courted by the SRU for the Scotland job imo. However I'm surprised that Cotter has just announced his departure so suddenly.

It's a good shout to suggest that he wants Super Rugby experience before potentially taking over the All Blacks after the 2019 WC. Social media chat suggests that he's lined up to be the Lions coach for NZ next year. After all, Warren Gatland oversaw Wales 3-0 series defeat over there in June plus a hiding by the Chiefs so I doubt he'll get it again. Whilst I think that Vern Cotter has improved us and built a strong foundation I just don't think he's had such a strong impact yet that he could be the Lions coach.

I think if Toony really wanted to manage in England or France any time soon he'd have said "no" to the SRU and walked. Thankfully he seems to want to be heavily involved with the SRU.

Mark Dodson guarantees an able replacement at Warriors and I think Toony will get say in who gets the job. After all, he'll want a strong Glasgow team to pick from when he's managing Scotland I'd think.

Wouldn't fancy cotter for lions coach at all. Don't think he's getting best out of our players and much as I don't really fancy gatland if toony hadn't developed his players so well especially backs I reckon cotter might have posted poorer results than andy Robinson. Ar must be gutted looking at back line he had available compared to current crop and his forwards were bang on in set piece and loose.

Does anyone want a game for the Wallabies next week? They were bloody atrocious last night.

Don't think I could get citizenship in time. Or last longer than 10min of game time before I was blowing out my arse