Rugby Union

kiwififer

Cornell du Preez has been called up to replace Hardie after becoming eligible under the residency rules.

The residency rule in rugby is a joke. I have no problem at all with the grandparent rule, but three years residence is a bit lenient. If he has a child, and they play for Scotland, no problems, but I think 3 years is a bit easy.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

The residency rule in rugby is a joke. I have no problem at all with the grandparent rule, but three years residence is a bit lenient. If he has a child, and they play for Scotland, no problems, but I think 3 years is a bit easy.

It doesn't bother me too much as long as these guys are committed and contribute. Especially when you consider how the All Blacks have plundered the Pacific Islands over the years.

13 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It doesn't bother me too much as long as these guys are committed and contribute. Especially when you consider how the All Blacks have plundered the Pacific Islands over the years.

Oh, everyone's at it.  No question.  For a while it was only Scotland and France who seemed to be opposed to it.  Like I say, three years residency seems a little soft to me.  However, them's the rules, and they'd be daft to ignore it.

I think Eurosport will only focus on the Italian sides home games in the Pro12. The Italian teams reputation is quite limited with respect and Eurosport tend to focus on more niche markets. Handy if it's from now so we can watch the Hogmanay away game vs Treviso.

They are also (in Italy only) showing there away games. And there home ( our away) games will be on the Eurosport player