Rugby Union

kiwififer

Pretty good squad.....I'd swap price for laidlaw n have johnny as skipper n very tough on swinson not to start. If you'd said a few years back someone like mark bennett would only make the bench you would have been laughed at. Such a strong backline from 10 out.

If we can hold our own in the scrum / ruck / maul we have a chance of winning any game with that back line.

Only changes I would make would be replacing Ford on the bench (positive he isn't starting though) and maybe Weir. Due to the injuries there is only really Jackson to replace him with and he's mainly benching for Harlequins

I'm happy enough with Weir there. He's nothing special but is solid enough at 10. I'd say he's better than Keatley who Ireland have as 10 cover this weekend. 

Brown in is a huge positive but Glasgow's lineout has been a bit up and down. 

I'd endorse the Price for Laidlaw, but only because I'm a long termer and I'm thinking next WC. I wouldn't be surprised if Laidlaw retires this year. 

I'm happy enough with Weir there. He's nothing special but is solid enough at 10. I'd say he's better than Keatley who Ireland have as 10 cover this weekend. 
Brown in is a huge positive but Glasgow's lineout has been a bit up and down. 
I'd endorse the Price for Laidlaw, but only because I'm a long termer and I'm thinking next WC. I wouldn't be surprised if Laidlaw retires this year. 

Really hoping he does. We are very bad during rwc cycles of lettings guys carry on too long limiting the development time of younger guys then throwing them in too deep end

0JWdD.gif
Me reading that team.
I'd maybe have had Barclay for Watson, but that's a borderline call.
Try not to get too excited, try not to get too excited...

As posted above if the pack can match the opposition I'd fancy us in any game with those backs. Our best ever back three in my hyperbolic opinion

10 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

As posted above if the pack can match the opposition I'd fancy us in any game with those backs. Our best ever back three in my hyperbolic opinion

I can't think of any back 3 we have fielded as a unit that has been better. Individually, they'd probably all be up there too.

I can't think of any back 3 we have fielded as a unit that has been better. Individually, they'd probably all be up there too.

Could argue it's the best 10-15 we've ever fielded. Parity in the forwards and some fair refereeing at the scrums n rucks gives us a decent chance even against a very strong Ireland.

It's a decent team. I think we may struggle in the scrum and the breakdown, especially if we get a hard time from the ref. Need the Grays, Wilson and Strauss to be on their game and bring some serious physicality against this Irish pack. Think Dell and Fagurson will struggle, and I'd have probably played Barclay over Watson.

Still, we have a chance, and I can't help but get excited!

What games are everyone going to this year? I've got Wales at home and England away. Wish I'd bought tickets for Italy.

It's a decent team. I think we may struggle in the scrum and the breakdown, especially if we get a hard time from the ref. Need the Grays, Wilson and Strauss to be on their game and bring some serious physicality against this Irish pack. Think Dell and Fagurson will struggle, and I'd have probably played Barclay over Watson.
What games are everyone going to this year? I've got Wales at home and England away. Wish I'd bought tickets for Italy.

All home games

Was due to be going to the Ireland game but due to my shift getting changed I can't now. Got tickets for the Wales game so hopefully my shifts stay the same.
I think there are still tickets for the Italian game left

15 hours ago, RosspCfc said:

This is of course setting itself up beautifully for Ireland to horse us by 30 points

With Huge Ones sent off after ten minutes for a high tackle.

Would be nice, for once, to get a ridiculously one sided referee acting in Scotland's favour.

With Huge Ones sent off after ten minutes for a high tackle.
Would be nice, for once, to get a ridiculously one sided referee acting in Scotland's favour.

Genuinely can't remember the last time that happened. The ref for the Georgia game was superb, got almost all the decisions correct and communicated really well with players.