Rugby Union

kiwififer

17 hours ago, ajwffc said:
17 hours ago, Swarley said:

@Eednud knows more than I on this. Last I heard it was going to be the Force but both are awful.

Force are the team more than likely to get the chop as they are owned by the ARU.

Reds are not much better and are now 12-0 down v the Blues in Samoa (live on SS1)after less than 8min. 

As you both say more than likely the Force as means the ARU won't get caught up in a Court battle. The Force are shite but the Rebels even shitier. Both should go.

Scotland come from 10-0 down to lead 12-10 against Ireland at HT in the U-20s.

Live on Premier Sports or http://www.worldrugby.org/video/252817

Edit: World Rugby stream Geoblocked - still on the FB live channel though - https://www.facebook.com/worldrugby/videos/10154704499023123/

Edited by Mark Connolly

Some great play from the youngsters, Kinghorn had some cracking breaks, and the back play in general was excellent

Just caught the highlights on ITV4, all 5 tries were excellent, hopefully the white line fever that Scotland used to suffer from has been banished for good.

Just caught the highlights on ITV4, all 5 tries were excellent, hopefully the white line fever that Scotland used to suffer from has been banished for good.

Aye it's changed days alright......2 or 3 tries in a season was all we could hope for then never mind in one game!

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Was just looking at the U20 groups... I presume the top team in each group goes through with only 1 runner up? If so, doesn't look like Scotland will make it... even if they hammer Italy?

Eh no http://www.worldrugby.org/u20/tournament-info/tournament-rules

ETA: I thought the same so had to check

Edited by Swarley
Additional

Looking at the tables I think 5-8 is the best we can aim for given the state of group C. A win over Italy (with a BP) could see us as seeded 5th (dependent on the Aus v Eng game) against either Italy again or the winners of Wales v Samoa, or 6th vs the loser of the Arg v SA.

A win in that game would see us seeded in the 2nd pot for the next U20 WC as we would finish 5th or 6th.

A lose against Italy without a losing BP could potentially put us into the relegation play off and end up losing our place in the Championship, although I cant see us losing 2 games.

Scotland summer tour games are being televised !! Australia game on sky other two on BBC. Happy with that.

Only the Italy game is on BBC the Fiji one will be on the SRU website/YouTube channel.
Saturday 10 June: Scotland v Italy; Singapore National Stadium (kick-off 8pm, 1pm BST) – live on BBC One Scotland.
Saturday 17 June: Australia v Scotland; Allianz Stadium, Sydney (kick-off 3pm, 6am BST) – live on Sky Sports.
Saturday 24 June: Scotland v Fiji; ANZ Stadium, Suva, Fiji (kick-off 2.30pm, 3.30am BST) – live on scottishrugby.org/live

Yeh. But they they go into a daft 5-8 play off. Only one runner up goes to semi final.... unless I'm reading it wrong

Could be, I gave up trying to work it out. Just have quarters, semis and a final!