Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

That was an absolutely outrageous decision from the ref to gift it to Ulster to be fair. You don't really get a more legal turnover than that. I think the ref panicked to be honest.

Had a look to see who the ref was. Turns out it was Stuart Berry. Knew I'd moaned about him before so did a quick search to see what I'd said:

On 20/04/2018 at 18:12, Allan Jacobsen said:

Stuart Berry is an abysmal referee. A man that applies his own rules rather than the actual rules.

Yep.

That was an absolutely outrageous decision from the ref to gift it to Ulster to be fair. You don't really get a more legal turnover than that. I think the ref panicked to be honest.
Double tackle second lad did not release. Interpretation at the breakdown. Harsh justice as the layman the Edinburgh bit bossed that collision

Literally a game of 2 halves. We were clinical in the 1st and Munster couldn't live with us. 

2nd half I hardly saw anything sitting in the west stand as it was all Munster. However our defence was absolutely brilliant. Darren Sweetnam, JJ Hanrahan and Jaco Taute were joined by Joey Carberry from the bench and still our defence was solid.

Would have preferred a winning BP but 9 points from a possible 10 is a great start. However we must aim to get winning BP vs the Southern Kings, the Dragons and Zebre before Europe starts.

Just finished watching the Glasgow game. Good first half performance and some brilliant defence in the second half.

I've criticised Hastings a few times as I'd seen nothing to justify the hype about him but he was excellent tonight.

Hogg seemed to pick up a knock early on which got progressively worse as the match went on. Hopefully nothing too serious.

It has to be said though that Munster were pretty poor. Glasgow's defence was great but Munster had no idea how to break them down and no variation to their play at all.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

Don’t think any of us were expecting that first half. Great to get the win, maybe should of went for the BP though. Turned over to watch Embra go into the lead and thought they’d won it when they got the turnover but then got done in by the ref. Gutted for them.

Literally a game of 2 halves. We were clinical in the 1st and Munster couldn't live with us. 
2nd half I hardly saw anything sitting in the west stand as it was all Munster. However our defence was absolutely brilliant. Darren Sweetnam, JJ Hanrahan and Jaco Taute were joined by Joey Carberry from the bench and still our defence was solid.
Would have preferred a winning BP but 9 points from a possible 10 is a great start. However we must aim to get winning BP vs the Southern Kings, the Dragons and Zebre before Europe starts.
We will get 3 bonus points from that pish

The Wallabies won a clownshow. NZ B vs Argentina was a great game. The ABs are vunerable without Beudan Barrett.

I would expect the Pumas, Wallabies and Boks all to be a lot better at the World Cup when they have all their players available and a long preparation period. Johan Goosen at 10 and Jan Serfontein at 12 will be a huge improvement for SA over the current jokers.

Thought Glasgow were excellent last night. It's easy to say we defended for most of the 2nd half and never looked like getting the BP, but it was a howling gale blowing down the pitch which made it a real challenge. The defense was superb, and never really looked like breaking other than the 1 try.

We've gained a bit of a reputation as a soft touch amongst the Irish and Welsh, but I doubt many of the Munster players will be saying that this morning. Glasgow were absolutely smashing into the breakdown, like the early days of Dan McFarland. That's probably also the first time I've ever seen Glasgow dominate a Munster scrum. Very promising.

Thought Glasgow were excellent last night. It's easy to say we defended for most of the 2nd half and never looked like getting the BP, but it was a howling gale blowing down the pitch which made it a real challenge. The defense was superb, and never really looked like breaking other than the 1 try.
We've gained a bit of a reputation as a soft touch amongst the Irish and Welsh, but I doubt many of the Munster players will be saying that this morning. Glasgow were absolutely smashing into the breakdown, like the early days of Dan McFarland. That's probably also the first time I've ever seen Glasgow dominate a Munster scrum. Very promising.
Agree with most of that but genuinely think that the Irish and Welsh teams have a bit of fear of Glasgow. Agreed we massively fucked up against Leinster and Scarlets last year when it mattered