Rugby Union

kiwififer

Personally I was sitting with my beret on and my English to Irish translation book out all ready to sing The Soldier’s Song.

“Together standing tall” *telly aff*

Edited by The OP

5 minutes ago, honestly united said:
6 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:
Not convinced that was the right decision there. Wales had the advantage and should have had another there for Parkes being taken out off the ball - shouldn’t the two pens overrule the penalty being reversed? 

No the late hit overrules anything that comes before

Is that because of the nature of the offence (I.e. late hit) or because it was the last offence to take place? 

Should probably be be more on top of knowing the laws :lol:

Is that because of the nature of the offence (I.e. late hit) or because it was the last offence to take place? 

Should probably be be more on top of knowing the laws [emoji38]
Yeah because it is deemed foul play it over rules other penalty, if it was just a knock on of forward pass it would still been Welsh penalty

1 hour ago, AngusTheBull said:

Reminds me a bit of the welsh last week - constantly dragging down mauls on the 5m line as the ref just gives a pen and does nothing more

Look at the difference a southern hemisphere ref brings - Ireland have been pinged 8 times in the first half. Great to see a ref who will punish a team trying to slow the ball down. If we'd had him last week we could well have won.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Look at the difference a southern hemisphere ref brings - Ireland have been pinged 8 times in the first half. Great to see a ref who will punish a team trying to slow the ball down. If we'd had him last week we could well have won.

I didn't see the fist half, but from the first bit of the 2nd, would it be fair to say Wales are still getting away with murder?

Only just joined this and every breakdown there is at least one Welsh player either offside or handling in the ruck.

I take it they got away with that in the first half as well?

I suppose Ireland are just getting a taste of their own medicine - they been getting away with coming in from the side for years.

1 minute ago, ajwffc said:

English fans are fun the now on twitter

I've been trying to work out all week whether it's better for us for Wales to win and England to effectively have a meaningless game they think they will win, or for Wales to lose and England potentially bottle it.

Edited by Mark Connolly