Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just in case anyone thinks I'm blaming the officials, I'm not.
I'm blaming the dreadful decision making from George Horne and Adam Hastings
Wasn't his only mistake, but that long pass out to Niko that he dropped changed the whole pattern of the game, Glasgow were camped on their line and never really got back there after that.

Just now, peasy23 said:
4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
Just in case anyone thinks I'm blaming the officials, I'm not.
I'm blaming the dreadful decision making from George Horne and Adam Hastings

Wasn't his only mistake, but that long pass out to Niko that he dropped changed the whole pattern of the game, Glasgow were camped on their line and never really got back there after that.

Funnily enough, the two wild passes to Niko were about the only two he put in front of someone to run onto.

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Got my wife two tickets to Edinburgh vs Southern Kings in January for her Christmas. Any tips for someone who hasn't been to Murrayfield before? You can buy booze in the stadium can't you?

Put on loads of layers. And when you've done that, put on two more. Murrayfield is baltic at the best of times, and even worse in January.

You can't buy booze "in the stadium" as such - you have to go out to the catering vans/bars, which on the East side is a fair trek up and down the stairs, but depending how much you want to drink during the game, you could potentially stock up before the game and at HT.

Exeter beat Sale 35-10, so that leaves the group as follows

1. Exeter 19 points
2. Glasgow 9 points
3. Sale 6 points
4. La Rochelle 5 points.

2 wins for Glasgow gets them to at least 17 which might scrape through, but based on yesterday I don't have much confidence in them managing to beat Exeter and Sale.

I only saw the first half of the game, so cant really comment on the 2nd half, but we started well, got the try, then completely took the foot of the gas. It was as if we thought that as La Rochelle had nothing to play for, losing a try would ensure the floodgates would open without having to put the effort in. Hastings put in a few decent kicks to get us teritory at the start of the game, but after we scored I dont think we had any ball never mind good field position..

I actually expected us to get hammered 2nd half so to finish 7-12 was better than I hoped for at half time.

I dont think we are out yet, but thats only because there are 2 other pools where the 2nd placed team has already lost 2 also, however beating Exeter is going to be a huge ask for this team at the moment