Rugby Union

kiwififer

12 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I'd forgotten Allan Dell was a thing tbf

Should be a good game, the Benneton team seems pretty strong for mid 6 Nations game

Benetton looking strong is my concern.  Dell had an injury similar to JP du Preez and Fraser Brown that's kept him out for almost the full season.

I've noticed that over the URC games in the 6 Nations Edinburgh have had more players released than what we've had.  

If we do pull off a win with the scraps of bread that Toony's given us then it'll be arguably our biggest URC win of the season.

See Hogg is back in the papers today. Sounds like he turned up outside his wife's house steaming after the Calcutta cup game and started shouting the odds. He's such a w**k, I imagine his TV career might not last as long as he expected if he keeps this up.

10 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Sione Tuipulotu will miss 3 months but not require surgery.  That's pretty much him for the season then.

However, at least we'll see him for Scotland during the summer I'd hope so he gets game time...

That's a huge blow to Glasgow. 

2 hours ago, GAD said:

See Hogg is back in the papers today. Sounds like he turned up outside his wife's house steaming after the Calcutta cup game and started shouting the odds. He's such a w**k, I imagine his TV career might not last as long as he expected if he keeps this up.

Aye, arrested and charged according to Sky. 

https://news.sky.com/story/former-scotland-rugby-captain-stuart-hogg-charged-by-police-after-disturbance-in-hawick-13084460

Honestly guy sounds like he needs help - not seen a career unravelling like this in a while.

2 hours ago, GAD said:

Arrested...

Charged...

Former Scotland rugby captain Stuart Hogg charged by police - BBC News

Former Scotland captain Stuart Hogg was arrested outside his ex-wife's home last weekend, according to a report. Hogg, who retired from rugby ahead of the World Cup last year, is said to have been arrested on suspicion of causing fear and alarm by acting in a threatening or abusive manner last weekend.

He appeared to have attended an event alongside various celebrities, posing for photos with the likes of actor Martin Compston and chef Greg Wallace, to watch his former side take on England in the Six Nations at the Scottish Gas Murrayfield Stadium. However, he was just hours later arrested at his old family home in Hawick, Roxburghshire, at around 5pm on Sunday.

Police were also reportedly called at the start of the year when Hogg was, according to The Sun, involved in a boozy New Year's Day family bust-up at his brother's house. Hogg, who now carries out occasional punditry work, split with his wife Gillian last year just weeks before the birth of the couple's fourth child, and soon went public with his relationship with jockey and Sky Sports presenter Leonna Mayor.

Seriously messed-up.

If he pleads or is found guilty then he'll need to accept responsibility but it looks like he needs help.

It wouldn't surprise me if the drama was going on off the pitch during his playing career.

He's making Rabbie Burns look like a monk.  

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

Benetton looking strong is my concern.  Dell had an injury similar to JP du Preez and Fraser Brown that's kept him out for almost the full season.

I've noticed that over the URC games in the 6 Nations Edinburgh have had more players released than what we've had.  

If we do pull off a win with the scraps of bread that Toony's given us then it'll be arguably our biggest URC win of the season.

I think we should win as its a pretty decent side we have out, im quite looking forward to having Dobie and Thompson back at half backs again. For me they dont excel at one thing like most of the other 9's & 10's we have but are just good at everything

4 hours ago, flyingscot said:

That's a huge blow to Glasgow. 

Aye, arrested and charged according to Sky. 

https://news.sky.com/story/former-scotland-rugby-captain-stuart-hogg-charged-by-police-after-disturbance-in-hawick-13084460

Honestly guy sounds like he needs help - not seen a career unravelling like this in a while.

Toony made this man captain. Some judge of character 

6 hours ago, come on shire said:

If he pleads or is found guilty then he'll need to accept responsibility but it looks like he needs help.

It wouldn't surprise me if the drama was going on off the pitch during his playing career.

He's making Rabbie Burns look like a monk.  

loads of sories around him goinng to exeter due to the drama around him at glaqsgow

16 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Glasgow are going to have to front up here, Benetton have come out looking really physical

But their line out is prime Scotland.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

But their line out is prime Scotland.  

Yes. For once, Johnny Matthews scores from a lineout doesn't tell the full story.

Dobie and Thompson managing the game well so far, but they are dangerous with Fekitoa, Garbisi and Umaga

3 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Kiss of death but this ref seems quietly competent. Don’t remember him previously.

Yeah, he's been excellent tbf.

O/t, but is that a new profile pic? I don't remember the snowman having a flashing led!

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

O/t, but is that a new profile pic? I don't remember the snowman having a flashing led!

No, always been like that!

That’s a good try, Glasgow playing the conditions really well.