Rugby Union

kiwififer

Hard fought win at a team who are no longer whipping boys at home. Treviso's a bit like Galway where winning requires an absolute shift with the sleeves rolled up. 

I thought our defence was outstanding and even when Sordoni went to the bin we were still well disciplined.

Thompson kicked well and Staff got MOTM but for me Venter was outstanding.

2 hours ago, come on shire said:

Hard fought win at a team who are no longer whipping boys at home. Treviso's a bit like Galway where winning requires an absolute shift with the sleeves rolled up. 

I thought our defence was outstanding and even when Sordoni went to the bin we were still well disciplined.

Thompson kicked well and Staff got MOTM but for me Venter was outstanding.

Venter was outstanding defensively, but he turned over far too much ball on the carry. Got stripped of it at least twice, and driven back several times.

Thought the two young second rows were absolutely superb

Hadnt thought of it until yesterday, but if (and its a massive if tbf) we beat Ireland we win the Triple Crown for the first time in ages (84 & 90 our last 2). Ireland will have the Championship sown up on Saturday with a bonus point win, however the Triple Crown, the same as the Grand Slam dont take into account BP's and its win or nothing. Is there a glimmer of hope that they will over celebrate the Championship win and not turn up at 100% for the last match?

France winning the grand slam or Championship and someone else winning the Triple Crown has happened quite a few times (and 5 times since 6 Nations started) but only once in 2014 has a home nation won the Championship (Ireland) but not the Triple Crown (England)

4 hours ago, honestly united said:

Hadnt thought of it until yesterday, but if (and its a massive if tbf) we beat Ireland we win the Triple Crown for the first time in ages (84 & 90 our last 2). Ireland will have the Championship sown up on Saturday with a bonus point win, however the Triple Crown, the same as the Grand Slam dont take into account BP's and its win or nothing. Is there a glimmer of hope that they will over celebrate the Championship win and not turn up at 100% for the last match?

France winning the grand slam or Championship and someone else winning the Triple Crown has happened quite a few times (and 5 times since 6 Nations started) but only once in 2014 has a home nation won the Championship (Ireland) but not the Triple Crown (England)

I'd like to see it but I highly doubt that'll happen Andy Farrell will keep the players at 100% for the last game. Still think we can give them a good game but a win is probably not likely Ireland are very very good.

5 hours ago, honestly united said:

Doubt it as they would be going for the first back to back grand slam in the 6 Nations era so will be motivated.

I just hope we don’t fold like a cheap suit like we did at the WC when they came out all guns blazing and we absolutely shat it. 

That said, I think England will give them a decent game at the weekend. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

If we're still in the game when Varney comes on, we'll be fine

Worst player in the 6 Nations.  Hopeless, is our Reg.   You’d have thought any 5 ft 9 Italian would do a better job, but here we are. 

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Very surprised that Ben White has dropped right out the 22.

Townsend was talking about that.  He’s just getting a complete break.  He’s clearly the first choice scrum half at this point, so they just want to give him a breather.   Pretty clear sign that he wants the SRU to sign him though. 

On unrelated note, a French U21 prop is making his fever against Wales tonight and failed a Head Assessment after 44 seconds.