Rugby Union

kiwififer

Wasn't the best game in the world, but a result is a result. Samoa are no mugs and usually are considered 'first division' standard, a bit like us these days.

6th in the world in the rankins is pretty decent!

• 5 months later...

Is the State of Origin being shown live in Scotland?

Can't see anything but a Maroons series win again, they have an awesome team. I think it'll finish 2-1.

Currently 6-0 to QLD at half-time.

Can't see anything but a Maroons series win again, they have an awesome team. I think it'll finish 2-1.

Currently 6-0 to QLD at half-time.

Not sure, NSW aren't playing badly.

You been converted to a team yet?

Not sure, NSW aren't playing badly.

You been converted to a team yet?

If I had to commit to one team it would probably be the Sea Eagles, mainly because I spend a lot of time in that area of Sydney. However my local team are the Eels and I enjoy watching them play as they are usually quite entertaining. I've rapidly started to enjoy League as a game.

Blues are throwing this away now.

If I had to commit to one team it would probably be the Sea Eagles, mainly because I spend a lot of time in that area of Sydney. However my local team are the Eels and I enjoy watching them play as they are usually quite entertaining. I've rapidly started to enjoy League as a game.

Both clubs are rivals as well, lol.

As a_mac has said Parra and Manly have a big rivalry so better sticking with Parra ;) cant stand Manly being a Storm fan myself haha

NSW have made a huge improvement since Ricky has been back in the hot seat and it was quite obvious they were pinpointing their attack down QLD's right wing but Jennings and Uate I felt did a much better job on the other side compared to Gasnier and Morris. Wouldn't be suprised however if the blues won game 2 in Sydney but QLD winning back up in Brissy, disappointing to hear there is still 20k tickets still to be sold for the Sydney game, whats with fair weather Sydney fans?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if anyone's watching the game right now, but one of the Hull players got knocked out, came round and carried on playing. Hard as nails, but unbelievably irresponsible.

Wouldn't see a footballer do that would you? But yes very irresponsible.

Not posted on this thread for ages.

So looks like Melbourne have the Minor Premiership wrapped up in Australia. But who do we think will win the play - offs? Melbourne are the form team and have a good squad but Manly are a good team and you can't count out St George.

As for the Super League it's between Wigan and Warrington for first place with the game between those two in a few weeks crucial in deciding who is (ie who ever wins will be top). No idea who it will be. Both teams are the form teams, Warrington are scoring for fun but Wigan aren't too shabby on the scoring front either and they have the best player in Super League presently (as much as it pains me to say it) Sam Tomkins. Who'll be top who knows but I for one can't wait to see the epic battle fought out between these two teams for it!

Then on to the play - offs where once again Wigan and Warrington will be favourites but you can never count out St Helens. We've got a good young squad, which has been hampered by injuries all year, but now key players are coming back to fitness at a crucial time in the season and this could make all the difference in the end of season play - offs.

Of course Huddersfield, Catalans and Castleford are good strong teams too and wouldn't count them out of causing a shock in the play - offs and reaching the final (it could happen) or perhaps better! Don't see Leeds, Hull or Hull KR/Bradford doing well in the play - offs this year and will more than likely fall at the first hurdle depending on who they get or the round after that. None of them will reach the final.

Anyone going to Scotland Vs Italy on Saturday? if you havent been to a game before, here's a perfect chance, good chance of a scotland win and £10 to get in!!! <BR><BR>Edited as my grammar was pish

Edited by Jeek

Switched on to this at 10-0, with the Aussies dominating the opening half. A storming comeback from the All Blacks to wipe out a 20-3 deficit by the hour mark, but fair play to the Wallabies for striking back immediately and keep it that way. Excellent stuff on a Saturday morning!

• 1 month later...

So looks like Melbourne have the Minor Premiership wrapped up in Australia. But who do we think will win the play - offs? Melbourne are the form team and have a good squad but Manly are a good team and you can't count out St George.

Manly beat the Warriors 24-10 in today's NRL Grand Final :D. Pretty nervy 2nd half for Manly as the Warriors put together a decent comeback.

I know they don't get much of a look in on here, but fair play to Glasgow and Edinburgh for recording cracking results over the weekend. I was at Edinburgh's 29-14 win over Munster in what was a solid defensive performance backed up by clinical and consistent punishment of Irish errors at the other end - rare indeed for a Scottish side. That was my first taste of the club scene, think I'll make something of a habit of it.

Although down in bristol, whenever i'm home i go to the edin games, and love it, the new standing bit is fantastic, I also at the munster game, and was at the goals when edin scored most of the tries. just wish more people went to the games, very much looking forward to the London Irish game in reading which is reasonably close to here!