2015 World Cup Draw

Pool A: Australia, England, Wales, Oceania 1, Repechage winner

Pool B: South Africa, Samoa, Scotland, Asia 1, Americas 2

Pool C: New Zealand, Argentina, Tonga, Europe 1, Africa 1

Pool D: France, Ireland, Italy, Americas 1, Europe 2

:D

Well we have a decent chance of getting out of that one. Should have been much worse. Edited by dorlomin

2015 World Cup Draw

Pool C: New Zealand, Argentina, Tonga, Europe 1, Africa 1

Pool D: France, Ireland, Italy, Americas 1, Europe 2

Very much an escape for Scotland. South Africa will be extremely tough and whilst Samoa are no mugs, but we did beat them in the summer in Samoa so would have to fancy our chances of managing that. Asia 1 I assume will be Japan, Americas 2 will be Canada/USA or Uruguay at the end of the qualifiers?

Group A looks horrendous! Wales, Australia and England is bad enough but Oceania 1 will be Fiji no doubt. England have home advantage, but even Australia are excellent and if Wales can recapture their form from 2011....

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching the Glasgow game. Good effort from Glasgow but the Castres pack (with some help from the referee) just did enough.

Glasgow for the 1st time in a while looked a lot more dangerous with ball in hand but with players out from the pack just didn't have enough fire power to win.

Bring on the intercity derby.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching Glasgow Warriors winning away at the Dragons in the Pro12, 41-3 ahead with 15 to go and the try bonus point already in the bag. I honestly feared the worst when they replaced Lineen with Townsend but they're playing really well this season. Alex Dunbar has had a great game tonight with Matawalu and Weir calling the shots.

Ended up Dragons 3 Warriors 60!

Edited by peasy23

I think the continuity with the rest of the staff has certainly helped, but I wonder how much influence Lineen has had in his new player recruitment role with the likes of Matawalu and Maitland coming in. It was a good result on Friday with so many players out for the international season.

Was also a cracking win considering 13 of the starting 15 were scottish, shows they have good depth, altough it did help that Pyrgos and Weir were given some game time as they haven't featured that much for Scotland.

Will be interesting to see who Edinburgh get as their new coach. I think the SRU will look to get a decnt names as (Heineken run last season apart) Glasgow have been streets ahead for a good few seasons now. Glasgow have also had the big name signings recently in Strauss, Maitland, both the Lamonts, while Edinburghs have signed some good players they haven't been names, or made that much of an impact this season.