Rugby Union

kiwififer

Was at the Glasgow Warriors season ticket event Monday.

Naiyaravoro or "Big T" was introduced to the crowd by Al Kellock. "What did Gregor tell you about the weather here?". "Lets just say he lied".

When it was revealed that he spent 4 years in the same school class as a certain Fijian 9/Wing Kellock asked if he'd spent those 4 years stealing his lunch :lol:

Looking forward to seeing him in action but I'd be surprised if he sees out 3 years and think he'll be back in Super Rugby sooner with Australia wishing to cap him.

I thought Australia had already capped him vs the US over the summer?

It wouldn't suprise me if he was back in Super Rugby by the time the new season starts. The SRU wont want to be paying a big wage for someone who is never going to play for Scotland

They have. I meant cap further.

SRU will get at least a season out of him but yeah not going to be paying the money if he isn't a project player.

Yellow card for big t on the stroke of half time.

Not helped by the collective ohhhhh from the crowd when he wiped out the dragons fullback. Grasses![/dquote]

The ref missed a few things tonight but don't think he was going to miss that one, must have been the lights but from where we were sitting it looked like he'd been shown a red, Junior stole the show with his try tonight, very much in the style of Nico

I also thought the referee had flashed a red card to Big T as well.

Comfortable win but my god I don't understand why we loved to kick away every bit of possession we had straight down the throat of a Newport player.

Dunbar a worthy MOM, such a shame he didn't make the RWC as that is the best centre pairing we've seen for a long time.

Some of us on here will remember following the rugby league European Cup last season, which Scotland won on points difference in a 3-way tie, after a dramatic final weekend. This crowned us European Champions and qualified us for the Four Nations 2015 - joining England, Australia & NZ.

However, the Four Nations has been delayed to next autumn to let England & NZ play a 3-test series this year, although we'll still participate.

We began our defence of the European Cup on Friday night but lost 18-12 to Wales at Wrexham.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_European_Cup#Fixtures

Only home game is against Ireland at Netherdale, Galashiels this coming Friday before we close away to France in Avignon on November 7th.

Fingers-crossed our rugby league team can manage to win something where our football, rugby union and cricket have come up short...

Glasgow playing very well.

Glad Robson is listing all the Leinster guys missing to show how harsh the RWC has been on their squad. I mean, Glasgow are only missing Strauss, Hogg, Russell, Horne, Bennett, Seymour, Gray, Reid, Brown and Nakarawa - hardly the same quality as Leinster would bring back, eh?