Rugby Union

kiwififer

28 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Just caught the second half. Solid from Edinburgh. The Scott-Bennett combo won the game and Crosbie was superb. Shiel was good off the bench, night and day from last season. 

I cannot wait to hear the seethe when we unleash big DVDM in dark blue next autumn. It's going to be glorious. 

I thought it was Scott too but it was George Taylor at 12 because Scott failed a fitness test. He was pretty impressive, don’t know a lot about him but they have 5 strong centres.

VDM is a unit, sitting defenders down all over the place. Will be good when he’s SQ.

20 minutes ago, Snobot said:

I thought it was Scott too but it was George Taylor at 12 because Scott failed a fitness test. He was pretty impressive, don’t know a lot about him but they have 5 strong centres.

VDM is a unit, sitting defenders down all over the place. Will be good when he’s SQ.

Earlston boy, played at Melrose and for Scotland U20

34 minutes ago, Snobot said:

I thought they said Taylor at one point but I had seen yesterday that Scott was 12. Great break anyway. 

It seemed like Cardiff players knew that the first tackler on VDM gets trampled. When the average rugby punter who never watches Pro14 sees a big handsome South African superhuman battering down the wing for Scotland they will be raging. 

Toronto Wolfpack win promotion to the Super League after a 24-6 win over Featherstone Rovers in the Million Pound game. They were 6-4 down at half time but a strong second half saw them go one better than last year, they'll replace London Broncos who they lost to in last year's play-off.

Taylor has played 4 or 5 games before tonight but never really shown much, that could be a breakthrough performance from him tonight. Crosbie is unlucky Edinburgh stockpile back rowers, he is superb and needs to make the most of this World Cup period.

I watched the Edinburgh game. Hardly classic, just 2 teams missing lots of players having an arm wrestle. However, Edinburgh toughed it out for an away win and 2 on the bounce so fair-do's. Also noticed that Cheetahs advantages of a full squad at full-fitness after the Currie Cup worked again as they put over 60 points on Ulster.

Anyways, time for a few hours sleep then back up for NZ v Namibia.

Roosters v Raiders in the NRL Grand Final tonight, kick-off 11:30 or probably a bit later once all the usual shite that goes on before hand. Sydney Roosters or Eastern Suburbs as they used to be looking to make it back to back titles. For Canberra Raiders it’s their first Grand Final since 1994 which is also the last time they won it. Roosters favourites and they finished 2nd on the Premiership table with Raiders 4th. Has the makings of being a cracking game.

On 05/10/2019 at 12:09, John Lambies Doos said:
On 05/10/2019 at 11:58, Acastus said:
How am I contradicting it? I never said it's not in our hands. 

You clearly said that assuming Scotland get 5 against Russia; a bonus point today for Japan plus a losing point for them against Scotland would put Scotland out. I correctly called this out as nonsense because a 5 1 victory for Scotland would put Scotland through. Read your first post.

Yeah when I typed first post I didn't realise if Scotland get 5 points , Japan won't go through with losing BP. My point at the time was Japan need to go for that try BP against Samoa rather than taking 3 point pens which now means we need to either get the BP win against Japan or win by more than 7 points. 

10 hours ago, afca32 said:

Why the f**k was that called 6 more then when the tackle was made they gave a changover

Still furious about this, not only ruined a good final but probably cost Canberra a first premiership in over 25 years. Refs making bad calls I can accept in sport but bottling it on the big occasion like that is a disgrace.

10 minutes ago, afca32 said:

Still furious about this, not only ruined a good final but probably cost Canberra a first premiership in over 25 years. Refs making bad calls I can accept in sport but bottling it on the big occasion like that is a disgrace.

sounds like the NRL for most of the season with bad ref calls deciding a large number of games (especially Warriors who seamed to get apologises most weeks from the refs chief)