Rugby Union

kiwififer

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, come on shire said:

England clear their lines then NZ fluff their own line out. This is the worst I've ever seen NZ tbh.

Even among those who have been in rugby all their lives, there's still a perception that as soon as you go to play the All Blacks, you're beat.

In the age of professional rugby, I've always been surprised by that. There's very little between the top sides in international rugby these days, and in fact I'd say that England are currently the best team in the world.

The AB's may still win this, but I don't get the gasping incomprehension from the commentators here, as if England are the minnows playing against some kind of world giants. 

Just now, Bob Mahelp said:

Even among those who have been in rugby all their lives, there's still a perception that as soon as you go to play the All Blacks, you're beat.

In the age of professional rugby, I've always been surprised by that. There's very little between the top sides in international rugby these days, and in fact I'd say that England are currently the best team in the world.

The AB's may still win this, but I don't get the gasping incomprehension from the commentators here, as if England are the minnows playing against some kind of world giants. 

I think the AB's are the best in the world still, but this is a seriously good England team that are better in specific areas than New Zealand are. Just not sure England can do this for a full eighty minutes.