Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Even among those who have been in rugby all their lives, there's still a perception that as soon as you go to play the All Blacks, you're beat.

In the age of professional rugby, I've always been surprised by that. There's very little between the top sides in international rugby these days, and in fact I'd say that England are currently the best team in the world.

The AB's may still win this, but I don't get the gasping incomprehension from the commentators here, as if England are the minnows playing against some kind of world giants. 

Well England certainly have their numbers today. NZ don't look like scoring a try tbh. Steve Hansen needs to rocket these guys at h/t.

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, Jaggy Snake said:

The camera work/angles have been awful throughout the tournament but they're taking it to another level today.

Japanese cameramen and producers, unused to rugby I'm afraid. 

I always feel like I've just stepped off a North Sea ferry after watching a game.

New Zealand are still capable of a lightening 15 minutes or so when they can completely turn a game, but they haven't turned it on at all so far.

I'd still fancy South Africa over England, if they both reach the final. They're the only team capable of overcoming England's physicality and blitz defence.

It's hard to see where it's coming from if the All Blacks are to come back into it. The main thing they've got going for them is that it's only 10-0. England have been brilliant. Dominating every aspect, especially break down and set peice. They are good to watch as well.