Rugby Union

kiwififer

Racing 21 points unanswered to lead at half time.

Saracens down to 14, Owens absolutely desperate not to send Skelton off for a dangerous late cheap shot.

England no 8 has broken his arm too. Unlucky for the guy but certainly weakens them for the 6N.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Should relegate Racing 92 for being a bunch of useless haddies

Sadly, it was so typically French.

As soon as the going got tough, the arse fell out of them completely. Racing were abysmal in the 2nd half. 

Brendan Venter on the BBC Rugby podcast with Ugo Monye talking about the Saracens shitfest
Verge of tears, seething, absolutely every P&B trope going.
He spent most of the weekend blocking just about everybody on Twitter who has ever criticised Saracens.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:
5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
Brendan Venter on the BBC Rugby podcast with Ugo Monye talking about the Saracens shitfest
Verge of tears, seething, absolutely every P&B trope going.

He spent most of the weekend blocking just about everybody on Twitter who has ever criticised Saracens.

The best bit of that interview was when he said "Why would someone like Nigel Wray cheat?"

My first thought was "Have you heard of Sir David Murray?"

What a failure Rennie has been
As an outsider, Townsend to Scotland and Rennie to Glasgow while cutting Cotter has been a poor move for both SRU controlled teams. Still at least Dodson is getting well paid for those two teams going backwards...

I don't think you can say Glasgow have gone backwards. Europe is about the same as under GT and they never seem to get lucky with the group. In the Pro 14 Leinster have improved massively which distorts things. The bigger issue is star players leaving and core squad members getting too old and not being replaced but that's not down to Rennie.

As for Scotland there isn't much difference between Cotter and Townsend in terms of results. 

I don't think you can say Glasgow have gone backwards. Europe is about the same as under GT and they never seem to get lucky with the group. In the Pro 14 Leinster have improved massively which distorts things. The bigger issue is star players leaving and core squad members getting too old and not being replaced but that's not down to Rennie.
As for Scotland there isn't much difference between Cotter and Townsend in terms of results. 
Didn't get lucky in group, are you mad. Their group was very manageable.
Glasgow have clearly gone backwards, you can see that within the Scottish context. It could be argued that Edinburgh are now the best team. Yes, Edinburgh have progressed but in no way to the extent that Glasgow haven't shown any regression.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
46 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

Anyone that says Glasgow and Scotland haven't regressed are nuts. Dodson has done very well though. Looks like he's taken spare cash left by players moving on from Glasgow.

I agree about Dodson but regressed from what. Under Cotter we got skelped in Dublin and Twickenham and the RWC match against South Africa wasn't any more competitive than the Ireland game. All that has really changed are expectations. 

For Glasgow the team that lost the final last season are on a par at least with the title winning team. The standard across the whole league has lifted but Leinster are well ahead. 

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I agree about Dodson but regressed from what. Under Cotter we got skelped in Dublin and Twickenham and the RWC match against South Africa wasn't any more competitive than the Ireland game. All that has really changed are expectations. 

For Glasgow the team that lost the final last season are on a par at least with the title winning team. The standard across the whole league has lifted but Leinster are well ahead. 

I also think the new conference system distorts the league as well. I've got no doubt Glasgows conference is significantly stronger than the other one.

6 minutes ago, GAD said:

I also think the new conference system distorts the league as well. I've got no doubt Glasgows conference is significantly stronger than the other one.

This. 

Also I think Glasgow on the player front have regressed but Rennie has largely managed to keep the results fairly similar. This season has been bad, but World Cup and a manager leaving often does that. Should have done better in Europe, but we did get to the final last year.  

We were starting from a very low ebb. Glasgow when compared have clearly regressed.