Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

Nakarawa needs to be taken off. Absolutely nowhere near it

Yeah, he's been awful. Think that's probably game over. Glasgow's defence just isn't solid enough. Both tries and the near miss all coming from really bad missed tackles.

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

See this rule where the ref is now not allowing anyone to join a maul who wasn't in the lineout, has he just made that up?

They can't come within 10 until it's moved away from the line of touch, essentially when the back foot of the team going forward crosses the line where the lineout was. It's technically correct, but never enforced, especially at this level. It's also where the penalty for offside against Glasgow came earlier.

Glasgow just lack in every department. Defence isn't solid, attack doesn't quite threaten enough and the set piece isn't good enough. So many mistakes as well. Glasgow under Rennie or Townsend would have won that.

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

Glasgow just lack in every department. Defence isn't solid, attack doesn't quite threaten enough and the set piece isn't good enough. So many mistakes as well. Glasgow under Rennie or Townsend would have won that.

Every week I wonder why our best outside centre is playing at full back. I know we are short in the back 3, but if you're going to pick the young guys, surely we need everyone else in their strongest position?

14 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Every week I wonder why our best outside centre is playing at full back. I know we are short in the back 3, but if you're going to pick the young guys, surely we need everyone else in their strongest position?

Especially when they dumped Bryce. It's not like Ferguson is some up and coming youngster getting game time. It rather have Bryce at fullback and Jones on the middle with Johnson.

Still, that was a reasonably strong Glasgow team tonight, with several internationals on the pitch and they just didn't look like they had enough about them. There is no guile in attack, or solidity in defence. A lot of them don't even look fit. Hate to say it, but they look badly coached.

after 32 years Dan Carter has announced his official retirement from professional rugby
Came on to post the same, a phenomenal player. His performance against the Lions in Wellington in 2005 was superb. Obviously kens his stuff too, not that Gatland will take any notice.20210220_100908.jpg