Rugby Union

kiwififer

There's a great story of Sean Fitzpatrick being invited to an IRB refs conference around 2000 to discuss scrummaging where he showed them 10 videos of scrums collapsing and asked them to say who they would penalise and why.

He then explained to them why they were all wrong, and highlighted what should have been given. It's amazing to think that the refereeing of the scrum has got worse since.

Brian Moore talks about it all time as does Peter wright. If you watch footage from 80s n 90s the scrums rarely breakdown. Irb have totally ruined referees.

5 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Brian Moore talks about it all time as does Peter wright. If you watch footage from 80s n 90s the scrums rarely breakdown. Irb have totally ruined referees.

They had that fuckwit Paddy O'Brien in charge, so it's no surprise. They then replaced him with Alain Rolland, so it's even less surprising.

I like this no20 already

Me too, he looks like he loves a tackle.

Edit- I'm on a delay, that was fucking woeful refereeing. We get three yellows leading to a red and they commit foul after foul and get f**k all. Absolute w**k stains of a refereeing team.